shopify analytics
+ Visit Aston Villa FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I think we have a right to look after Ross MacCormack?

I think we have a right to look after Ross MacCormack?

Yes we all know, he brought a lot on himself But we are now beginning to hear why he has been suffering.
    Personal marital issues, Drink issues, mental health issue, ankle problems and now Cysts in his mouth.

A lot of baggage there but with the right care and management, he could come back really strong and we as a club could benefit from what was seen as a lost cause!

Bruce put so much energy into Gabby so why should he not do the same for Ross, he is a better option when fit than Hogan?

He has 3 full years left on his contract so we have time to turn it round. If we just off load him in the summer, we will be lucky to get 1 million for him, surely it is best to try and make the most of the 14 million outlay.

Thoughts

He is a goalscoring machine*

He is worth 12m*

He is a model professional never in the newspapers*

*until joining the Villa

I blame his wife

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    I blame his wife
    It could be? but then again it takes two to tango!! He may have had an affair, he may be gay? who knows but he aint right and needs help, he is still our player and if I was talking to him I would be supporting him. It sounds like that is all it needs. One thing we cannot do Bongo is to apportion Blame. You more than most have supported Gabby so I would expect you to get right behind Ross. I would hope Bruce is more of a man to just discard him!

A good employer will support their charges back to work within a reasonable timescale, the best thing possible for him right now is zero media contact and the right team of people around him. If drink is an issue though I can't see him playing again at this level as it's such a long road, happy to be proven wrong though!

If he's having a breakdown give him help without question. My theory is his wife is probably a very attractive gold digger and frying his brains right now. He's quite ugly so his self esteem probably isn't as high as most footballers.

You would make a great marriage counsellor Bongo. And then send them straight to the Samaritans.

Quote Originally Posted by bbvilla View Post
    You would make a great marriage counsellor Bongo. And then send them straight to the Samaritans.
    Just how would we all feel if Ross died suddenly like our UGO? we would all feel really bad. We should make the effort and show some compassion. Everyone deserves a second chance.

The last 12 months have been terrible and i'm not talking about football and relegation, losing 3 legends: Dalian, GT and now Ugo!!
    No time to blame but a time to care for one of our own. Sorry but feeling quite emotional tonight and having watched Merse sobbing his heart out on Sky, I was really fighting the tears back.

I see where your coming from Dave, if felt crap about it all day. I met him once and a lovely man. I've seen photos of Ross mouth and it looks awful so my conspiracy about his wife probably isn't correct.

Get well soon Ross

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Just how would we all feel if Ross died suddenly like our UGO? we would all feel really bad. We should make the effort and show some compassion. Everyone deserves a second chance.

The last 12 months have been terrible and i'm not talking about football and relegation, losing 3 legends: Dalian, GT and now Ugo!!
    No time to blame but a time to care for one of our own. Sorry but feeling quite emotional tonight and having watched Merse sobbing his heart out on Sky, I was really fighting the tears back.
    Well said that man!