+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rams chase the one that got away

Rams chase the one that got away

Derby County are reportedly chasing a central defender that would have cost them very little a few years ago. - External Link

Seems a lot of money, doubt we will enter a bidding war! In our favour though, local lad and a step up / bigger club, more likely to go up than Bristol, to satisfy any Prem ambitions, would he play if he went to a prem team? I'm not to sure. I am sure he will weigh things up properly though, had a good proper grounding career, surely will want to play every week at his age now, money does talk though, and we seem less likely to be held to ransom in that department this time round.

We will undoubtedly be held to ransom over any deal. Being DCFC, having a well to do owner, having a history of paying silly money are just three of several reasons why club's will fancy their chances!! Just another obstacle to test Rowett!!

Rowett and selling/buying new players

Rowett hasn't been tested yet. The big money buys seem to have all been through one agency, but that is another matter currently being looked into by the club and other official bodies.

I think you will find there is a period when the club looks to off-load a good proportion of the current playing staff, whilst holding on to the core of what has been a team challenging for a top six place for major parts of the last few seasons (last one excepted). If and when players move on, such as Weimann, Bent, Olsson, Johnson,Bryson, with possibly Hughes and Ince being the big money movers, then we should see a steady stream of players willing to run through a brick wall for the Rams and its supporters.

Agreed, but there remains the problem of will club's tip up what we want (or need!!) knowing we need to offload and will the players accept what maybe a drop in readies??

Well as we have just given Bent a years extension, I doubt we will be moving him on! But Rowett has said he wants some toucher players in.

I reckon he's got plenty of touchy ones now!! Oh you mean tougher lol

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)