+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential signings.

Potential signings.

See the DT is suggesting Tammy Abraham, Ulloa, Sako, Che Adams or Cameron Jerome as a possible forward signing.
    Nonsense, a possibility or any better suggestions? From what little I know I think I'd prefer Abraham but I'm not sure forward strengthening is the main priority. Thoughts?

Wouldn't mind having Cameron Jerome at Derby, he is a constant goalscorer for Norwich, he about bags a goal pretty much every game he plays in, one of the best strikers in the Championship no doubt about it.

The Midfield & Defence is our top priority in the summer as we need to cut out, us conceding too many set-piece goals which has cost us 3 points on many occasions this season as well as our style of play of crab football and slow movement that often sees our possession turn into a no end product.

Jota & Canos from Brentford, their creativity and hunger for goals and two of the outstanding duo's in the Championship, over the past 2 season's would be the ideal candidates for Derby to boost our midfield play for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    See the DT is suggesting Tammy Abraham, Ulloa, Sako, Che Adams or Cameron Jerome as a possible forward signing.
    Nonsense, a possibility or any better suggestions? From what little I know I think I'd prefer Abraham but I'm not sure forward strengthening is the main priority. Thoughts?
    Jerome was at Birmingham with Rowett (or was he sold pre Rowett??) as was Adams so he should know them. Not a fan of Jerome - bit of a journeyman but he does score 1 in every 3 games at this level. At 30 odd hes probably too old to rebuild around.

Abraham might come out on loan for another year.... so might Demarai Gray (please). These names are all strikers tbough - is that what we need to focus on?

Now that spooky, two of our old "friends" post in the same style, which is more considered, is this a coincdence and isn't having two usernames a no no on this Forum?

On topic, would not want jerome and Rowett would go down in my estimation if he signs players he bought at Brum with little cash just because he knows them! Surely if we are serious we need better players than those mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Now that spooky, two of our old "friends" post in the same style, which is more considered, is this a coincdence and isn't having two usernames a no no on this Forum?
    You need to drop it and move on or you will be seen as the problem. You are showing your usual style of bullying and not letting it lay. Just post in topic and stop the vendetta.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea View Post
    You need to drop it and move on or you will be seen as the problem. You are showing your usual style of bullying and not letting it lay. Just post in topic and stop the vendetta.
    You'd know all about bullying Rat, with your false quotes and sarcastic comments aimed at me on a regular basis, yet despite being asked to prove your assertions you never do, just disappear.

I was merely pointing to the fact that two user Id's disappeared and then reappeared at the same time which is supposedly not allowed, but I guess as a mod you'd rather have a go at me rather than take a look?

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Jerome was at Birmingham with Rowett (or was he sold pre Rowett??) as was Adams so he should know them. Not a fan of Jerome - bit of a journeyman but he does score 1 in every 3 games at this level. At 30 odd hes probably too old to rebuild around.

Abraham might come out on loan for another year.... so might Demarai Gray (please). These names are all strikers tbough - is that what we need to focus on?
    Rowett signed Adams from Sheffield United who in turn had signed him from Ilkeston which is all of 10 miles from Pride Park and again says something about our abject scouting system which will hopefully now improve.

Apparently the DT did the same 'survey' thing with midfielders and defenders but I must have missed it. Any ideas? Wouldn't mind Cattermole from Sunderland...currently out of favour, not the most sophisticated but definitely a leader and a fighter.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 21-04-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Rowett signed Adams from Sheffield United who in turn had signed him from Ilkeston which is all of 10 miles from Pride Park and again says something about our abject scouting system which will hopefully now improve.

Apparently the DT did the same 'survey' thing with midfielders and defenders but I must have missed it. Any ideas? Wouldn't mind Cattermole from Sunderland...currently out of favour, not the most sophisticated but definitely a leader and a fighter.
    Cattermole possibly right type but disciplinary record is abysmal - 7 reds and about 90 yellows

Cattermole? He would only be able to play half the games due to being suspended all the time

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Cattermole possibly right type but disciplinary record is abysmal - 7 reds and about 90 yellows
    100 yellows and 8 reds over an eleven year career. 'Uncompromising' is I think the term nowadays but not that bad is it? Also averaged about thirty games a season despite that. More disciplined management and playing at a lower level might help. Just a thought.

In comparison, Will Hughes - much more skilful but hardly 'uncompromising' - has already been booked nine times this season.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 21-04-2017 at 12:25 PM.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)