+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Activity at king george v

Activity at king george v

Lots of activity at King George V which now is a big building site - anyone know wgat is going on ?

Parkhead football pitches in Greenbrae Loaning will be the next bit of land that the council will sell off for houses - recently a footpath was constructed behind Aldi, continuing behind the goal area of the bottom pitch and joining up with the road at Parkhead housing scheme that leads to Lockerbie Road.

Thanks for that arrol - thot for one moment it was another phase of the Hewitson master plan !

I believe Queens have plans for the playing surface at KGV but it must me shared with the Dumfries Hockey team so not sure what the best solution is !!???

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    I believe Queens have plans for the playing surface at KGV but it must me shared with the Dumfries Hockey team so not sure what the best solution is !!???
    Back in the John Connolly days he would not let Queens train on the then hockey pitch at KGv as he did not consider it fit for football but the surface might have changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Parkhead football pitches in Greenbrae Loaning will be the next bit of land that the council will sell off for houses - recently a footpath was constructed behind Aldi, continuing behind the goal area of the bottom pitch and joining up with the road at Parkhead housing scheme that leads to Lockerbie Road.
    Are the honestly building houses on all 3 of the Parkhead pitches ?

Are the honestly building houses on all 3 of the Parkhead pitches ?
    I think they said they might leave 1 pitch Arrol but the goalposts have already been moved from the bottom pitch where this new pathway / cycle track has been laid from behind Aldi's to the Parkhead housing scheme which, of course, then allows pedestrians / cyclists access from Annan Road to Lockerbie Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    I think they said they might leave 1 pitch Arrol but the goalposts have already been moved from the bottom pitch where this new pathway / cycle track has been laid from behind Aldi's to the Parkhead housing scheme which, of course, then allows pedestrians / cyclists access from Annan Road to Lockerbie Road.
    That's really sad . Those pitches have been there for years . Where are kids supposed to play these days ?
    What about the land where the old fever hospital used to be ..? Will it be houses also ?

That's really sad . Those pitches have been there for years . Where are kids supposed to play these days ?
    What about the land where the old fever hospital used to be ..? Will it be houses also ?
    Yes I believe the old Fever hospital grounds will also be housing. In last Friday's Standard a letter from David Coulter of Annan Road said '' At a meeting of the Dumfries Common Good Committee on 27th March councillors voted to sell off the playing fields and open spaces at Parkhead and to pocket part of the receipt ''

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)