shopify analytics
+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wolves (away)predictions

wolves (away)predictions

I just can't see this going any way bar a home win
    in my opinion we are not strong enough for the fight that is needed for survival
    2-0 loss

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I just can't see this going any way bar a home win
    in my opinion we are not strong enough for the fight that is needed for survival
    2-0 loss
    At least we have virtually a full squad to choose from. And, as Despair has said, we seem to do better when expectations are low!
    1-1.

Wolves 1 Rovers 2 ...another win on the road for Rovers

2-1 loss.. based on the fact that you have done the double over Newcastle when you were expected to lose and you are expected to win against a club with phuck all to play for..

If there's one thing this squad is very very good at its inconsistency.
    With that comes 'out of the blue' results. Yes for sure that's the nature of this Championship league generally, but we seem to excel (which I actually like, in a perverse sort of way &#128521
    Win / lose for remaining matches:
    I'm sticking with 50/50.
    It will be down to final game!
    As many of us have thought for majority of season.

The games up. HAD to beat bristol city. We'll go down miserably now.

2-1 wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    The games up. HAD to beat bristol city. We'll go down miserably now.

2-1 wolves.
    That's what I thought too, Saxo, but a few days later (as Despair will be glad to hear) the shoots of my optimism have begun to poke their heads above ground again.
    Let's hope that football logic and quality are less important than passion in the next three games. After all, we are playing three teams who have little left in their season. That means we SHOULD be the ones generating that passion. If we can't do that, then Despair and Robin are simply right about the ability and character of our squad.

Auckland wins this week by correctly forecasting a draw.. Looks like Rovers will only need to win one more match to stay up looking at Brum and a Forests remaining fixtures.. Well done to the Rovers ,it's looking good for them..

I think we can now say the plump lady has risen from her seat and is clearing her throat

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Auckland wins this week by correctly forecasting a draw.. Looks like Rovers will only need to win one more match to stay up looking at Brum and a Forests remaining fixtures.. Well done to the Rovers ,it's looking good for them..
    Do one Alfi

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Do one Alfi
    Oh ye of little faith Sven

Today's result wasn't bad. It's what happened in the other games that has done for us.
    We're just not firing in attack now, and we probably missed Mahoney.
    If Villa don't beat Birmingham, we've had it.

Well done, Villa. Now, we just have to BEAT Villa ourselves and draw against Brentford. Then, with two draws, at best, for Birmingham, we are safe.
    Easy...........................

Trouble is Aucks, its that 100% desire and commitment in our entire squad, it just doesn't seem to be there.
    From what i gleaned from the vs Wolves commentary, we seemed to be set up correctly for a smash and grab (which is what all have been calling for). But once we gain the offensive advantage our squad are simply too scared to press home.
    As i expected Wolves, were not the highly anti BRFC motivated squad many feared. They sounded more 'disinterested' if anything. Again another glorious opportunity to gain some breathing space squandered.
    Many are saying its down to TM, but i don't totally buy into that, These are not children, they are grown professionals who should have sufficient pride and drive from within without having to be energised.
    Unless this squad suddenly find the necessary wherewithal within themselves (esp within nervy Ewood) this Sat i see this going the wrong way entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Trouble is Aucks, its that 100% desire and commitment in our entire squad, it just doesn't seem to be there.
    From what i gleaned from the vs Wolves commentary, we seemed to be set up correctly for a smash and grab (which is what all have been calling for). But once we gain the offensive advantage our squad are simply too scared to press home.
    As i expected Wolves, were not the highly anti BRFC motivated squad many feared. They sounded more 'disinterested' if anything. Again another glorious opportunity to gain some breathing space squandered.
    Many are saying its down to TM, but i don't totally buy into that, These are not children, they are grown professionals who should have sufficient pride and drive from within without having to be energised.
    Unless this squad suddenly find the necessary wherewithal within themselves (esp within nervy Ewood) this Sat i see this going the wrong way entirely.
    Well, the proof of the pudding, Despair....if they aren't up for the Villa game, TM might as well give up and retire to his garden, because - as you say - the motivation shouldn't have to come from him. Villa are not even going to have much to play for. (Some of their fans would like Rovers to win, if it ensures Birmingham's relegation!)
    Obviously, there will be nerves on our part, and probably a lack of patience, but we should surely see a sense of desperate commitment, especially with a good crowd fully behind the team.
    Passion aside, though, it worries me that the goal-scorers seem to have lost confidence.
    I hope Mahoney is fit. The stats show he does get a lot of dangerous crosses in. A good time for one of the centre-backs to score from a set-piece too.

I know I keep on about this 😉
    But with regards 'motivation', despite the ridiculous salaries those involved in the game are on,
    Just pondering the 'situation' after reading TM's piece in the LT recently where he is pointing out the lives affected by a 'failure'.
    This for who ?
    He is wise enough to know we ALL are fully aware , so for me it spells desperation - demoralisation if you like.
    It's the spectre of the absent landlords and their seemingly couldn't really care less aura.
    This when he his bashing his brains out when trying to rescue their 'holed life raft'.
    That certainly must be super inspirational, and thus 'filter down'!

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    I know I keep on about this ��
    But with regards 'motivation', despite the ridiculous salaries those involved in the game are on,
    Just pondering the 'situation' after reading TM's piece in the LT recently where he is pointing out the lives affected by a 'failure'.
    This for who ?
    He is wise enough to know we ALL are fully aware , so for me it spells desperation - demoralisation if you like.
    It's the spectre of the absent landlords and their seemingly couldn't really care less aura.
    This when he his bashing his brains out when trying to rescue their 'holed life raft'.
    That certainly must be super inspirational, and thus 'filter down'!
    Excellent points, Despair. There has been a sense of vacuum for so long now.

I dont know how Wolves played tonight in the 0-1 loss against Huddersfield, but the pressure is off them and that might be the chance Blackburn need. Dont you find sometimes though that teams who have allegedly nothing to play for, can give you the toughest match of the season!!

I completely ballsed up last night guys, as I thought your next match was away at Wolves.
    But nobody on here noticed and nobody has even mentioned it... so I think I might have got away with it
    Last edited by Acido; 26-04-2017 at 11:41 PM.

You confused me mightily there Acido, but I was heading out on my travels or I would have posted : 'Eh ????'
    Note: being away now means I am saved the stress of Ewood this Sat !
    Last edited by Despair; 28-04-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast