+ Visit Aston Villa FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ugo Ehiogu has passed away

Ugo Ehiogu has passed away

Ugo has passed away at 44 years of age after suffering a heart attack at Tottenham's Training Centre. He was the coach of their under 23's.

RIP

Blimey that's dreadful. I knew he fell ill yesterday but I didn't expect this! Atkinson and now Ugo! Awful news! nice bloke too.

RIP Ugo

Sad news indeed. You would like to think the minutes tribute on Sunday would make the event less poisonous than usual but I doubt it. Having said that I am sure the Blues fans will respect the tribute - football comes together on these things.

So young. Too young.

I feel so sad for his wife and family.

Travel well, Ugo

Gutted by the news. Glad it's a minutes applause and not silence as you would expect **** from the away end.

RIP big man

He was one year younger than myself. His passing puts everything into perspective.

RIP Ugo Ehiogu.

Catching up with this horrible news. Heard the news y'day that he was taken ill - never expected to hear this.

The guy was an unsung hero in our defence in the 90's whilst the likes of God and Southgate got the plaudits. I can only hope that Villa fans will add his name to the M'Lord song which remembers Atkinson, and should now remember Ugo for everything he did for our club.

By all accounts he was a really nice lad. Feel for his wife and family.

RIP Ugo. Another Holte Ender in the sky

Crazy.
    I bet he was still a very man.
    only 2 years older than me.

My lad (in front) with his cousins and Ugo, late seventies. RIP big man

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  90.8 KB

Late seventies? That would make Ugo about 7 years old in that photo.

Lol, late nineties.....

Awful awful news, in the prime of his life - a top athlete and warrior on the pitch. In my humble opinion he was the reason Southgate was picked for England for a long spell.

RIP Ugo

I thought he was better than Southgate to be honest. Defiantly better in the air and won everything kicked at him.

That's kind of my point Bong