+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deid(ex Hun edition)

Deid(ex Hun edition)

Ugo Ehiogu

Heart attack

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39664839

Thats awful, seemed a nice type. I'll be 44 this November, should have at least another 30 40 years ahead of him!

Do sports pros put their hearts under too much strain or is it usually an underlying condition with these cases? It gives me pause for thought as I put my heart under a lot of strain with run and cycle training..

Tragic for someone to lose their life at such a young age.

Im 33 and will live my life to the full. When your times up, its up

As Warren Zevon said as he was dying. "Enjoy every sandwich"

Puts things in perspective a bitty. I'm 51 and have never been as fit as he would have been. Nae idea with the lifestyle I have and live how i've reached this age. Did he nae score an overhead kick in an infirm game once?

Always seemed a nice guy and also a fitness fanatic. Sometimes these guys are like thoroughbred race horses and they are so finely tuned, a little setback can have tragic consequences.

Played for my other team (Leeds) and therefore have nothing but respect for him. Also seem to remember in the days I was in fantasy football leagues, I often had him in my side as he scored a few goals from defence.

@GASC, I am also 51 and have led a lifestyle that is not the best. You never know what is round the corner. Always make sure you tell people you cherish that you do actually cherish them as one day, suddenly, you might not be able to.

RIP Ehiogu

There seems to be a lot of footballers dying young these days, something fishy must be going on.

Good thread searching there.

the bloke was a c**t as a player.
    He was a total ned off the park.

HOWEVER, the disease he suffered as a young man, leaving behind a wife and young daughter is horrendous.
    At least he is at peace now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Good thread searching there.
    It's a facility on the forum and it's nae hard to use.
    Could be easier, but hey ho

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    the bloke was a c**t as a player.
    He was a total ned off the park.

HOWEVER, the disease he suffered as a young man, leaving behind a wife and young daughter is horrendous.
    At least he is at peace now.
    Absolutely, absolutely hated Ricksen the player but I would not want anyone to suffer this disease and the impact on young family it would have caused.
    Hopefully they can grieve and move on now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast