+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dext' & Douglas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dext' & Douglas

Paul Douglas is trying to cover his tracks in the Tizer today by saying Dext' could have a future with us. Answer me this, why hasn't he been playing in the last few months? Cause there's better players in front of him & will be next season. Get shut.

They can't gwru. We are hopelessly saddled with this high earner which affects who we are able to bring in - hence non league footballers being on Warney shopping list.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    They can't gwru. We are hopelessly saddled with this high earner which affects who we are able to bring in - hence non league footballers being on Warney shopping list.
    It wouldn't be the first time this happened. A manager wants to have a certain number of players in his squad, there are some he doesn't want and he wants to get other players in. So he tells those players to get another club, then you have to make up the difference in the salary they have lost - and that comes out of the playing budget.

The manager has to take a view of it is worth paying that for the remainder of that players contract and using the money that's freed up to get another player in. I've seen it done successfully before but I suspect that in this case the wage differential is so great that you might not get much of a player for the wage reduction we'd get by moving Dext on.

Which brings me to another point made to me "I'd never give a contract of more than one year to someone over 30" Oh how that wisdom has been lost to us.

If Dexter Blackstock is as bad as people are making out,and i think there is a lot of truth in it,he should be made to train on his own,twice a day,and get him running around the perimeter of Canklow woods or Herringthorpe playing fields,and if he objects to it we have grounds to cancel his contract,something needs to be done with him that is for sure.

Why can't you understand he is going nowhere unless the club give him a big bag of money to feck off.

No other club will pay a fee for him and even if we allowed him a free transfer it is unlikely he'll be offered the over inflated wages he is on at Rotherham.

He's already shown us he's not too bothered about working for his money, so to sit around a watch it roll in for another 2 years won't trouble him greatly.

Warney needs to get him on the pitch and sort it out because if he's with us next season (more than likely is) then it would be an absolute waste to either not play him or send him on loan.

i don't care if the management like him or not, he's here, get it foo king sorted

Settled team on the pitch and all that..

If he doesn't want to put the effort in and play for the team I'd make him clean out the bogs and pick up the litter after games.

I believe we have tried to make a settlement deal with him but he want more than was offered

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Warney needs to get him on the pitch and sort it out because if he's with us next season (more than likely is) then it would be an absolute waste to either not play him or send him on loan.

i don't care if the management like him or not, he's here, get it foo king sorted

Settled team on the pitch and all that..
    Only way to sort it is to get Dext' out of the club. It's professional football. Paying customers don't want to see yesterday men on the pitch.

Holding the club to ransom and can't be arsed to perform - we've striped ourselves up like the proverbial kipper! Perhaps this is why Thorpe isn't coming back - wage budget hammered by having this fella around our necks - what a shambles...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast