shopify analytics
+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SwedishBaggie coming to the Shrine...

SwedishBaggie coming to the Shrine...

...again!!!

Saturday 29th of April vs Leicester. I will be in the Sportsman prior to the game and hope to meet as many fellow board members as possible.

And Northy (I know he doesn't read the board any more but maybe someone could pass it on), my wife won't accompany me to England this time

I would love to meet up one day SB but, cannot meet up on the 29th.

Have safe journey mate and enjoy your visit.

Hopefully, the. Baggies can make your trip worthwhile.

I only learnt yesterday that if man u win the Europa league, 8th place gets into Europe.

The way we are playing at present, especially upfront, that's a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    I would love to meet up one day SB but, cannot meet up on the 29th.

Have safe journey mate and enjoy your visit.

Hopefully, the. Baggies can make your trip worthwhile.

I only learnt yesterday that if man u win the Europa league, 8th place gets into Europe.

The way we are playing at present, especially upfront, that's a long shot.
    Cheers BB - would love to meet up some day too, we'll have to take a rain check on that

Have no high hopes of the performance or result the way we're playing right now, but, it'll be a good day out anyway

Does the Hawthorns have its own little Intl airport direct to Sweden then!!
    Whats the record Swedie when you come over for a match, do you see them regularly win or lose or is it mixed etc. ?

Hi Thomas, I will contact Geoff and a few ohters, will try and see you if J1 is not screwed up by the roadworks.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggiefromStafford View Post
    Hi Thomas, I will contact Geoff and a few ohters, will try and see you if J1 is not screwed up by the roadworks.
    Sounds great Dave, looking forward to meeting you again - Geoff and I will meet up in the Sportsman.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Sounds great Dave, looking forward to meeting you again - Geoff and I will meet up in the Sportsman.

Thanks Thomas, I will bear that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Does the Hawthorns have its own little Intl airport direct to Sweden then!!
    Whats the record Swedie when you come over for a match, do you see them regularly win or lose or is it mixed etc. ?
    Hi Acido mate, I stay in London and take the train from London Euston to Birmingham New Street most of the times, tbh.

I started with an excellent run, first 3 games (at home), 3 wins and 7-0 in goals! After that followed Spurs and we were 3-0 up after 30 min, I then really thought I was the lucky charm and mascot, then Spurs equalised in the 94th minute... Still the game after that (my fifth at the Hawthorns) was Palace and we were 2-0 down and we equalised in the 93rd min, on penalty - so five first games 3 wins and 2 draws and 12-5 in goals, not bad.

After that downhill, only defeats (4 in a row I think)... My away record is dismal, only defeats (if we don't count friendlies, then there is a win).

But all visits are great days out

Thomas, did you know that you can take a train from London Marylebone to Birmingham Snow Hill? Then its just two stops from Snow Hill to The Hawthorns? I think that the train from Marylebone is cheaper, too!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Thomas, did you know that you can take a train from London Marylebone to Birmingham Snow Hill? Then its just two stops from Snow Hill to The Hawthorns? I think that the train from Marylebone is cheaper, too!
    Hi Mike, yes I know thanks, done it once. I prefer Euston-BNS, it's quite quick, and Euston is quite close to my hotel, and with the tram now just outside BNS it's quite practical too. Hope to see you in the Sportsman

Have a great time Thomas... I won't make it this Season... as I thought... just recovering from another bout of Pneumonia...

Shout for me my dear Viking... and have a few beers...

COYB

Quote Originally Posted by Stroller59 View Post
    Have a great time Thomas... I won't make it this Season... as I thought... just recovering from another bout of Pneumonia...

Shout for me my dear Viking... and have a few beers...

COYB

Cheers Mick, I will def shout and def have a few pints

Hope your health improves, and that we can meet up next season.

Take care mate

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Hi Acido mate, I stay in London and take the train from London Euston to Birmingham New Street most of the times, tbh.
    I started with an excellent run, first 3 games (at home), 3 wins and 7-0 in goals! After that followed Spurs and we were 3-0 up after 30 min, I then really thought I was the lucky charm and mascot, then Spurs equalised in the 94th minute... Still the game after that (my fifth at the Hawthorns) was Palace and we were 2-0 down and we equalised in the 93rd min, on penalty - so five first games 3 wins and 2 draws and 12-5 in goals, not bad.
    After that downhill, only defeats (4 in a row I think)... My away record is dismal, only defeats (if we don't count friendlies, then there is a win).
    But all visits are great days out
    Yes Ive heard many fans say that when they come from abroad maybe once or twice a season to see their original 'home' team, the results arent the main reason because its all about the meet ups and a few beers as well.

Unfortunately No show from me Thomas have to be elsewhere, hopefully next time. Make sure its a great day!

Have a good day Swedish

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Unfortunately No show from me Thomas have to be elsewhere, hopefully next time. Make sure its a great day!
    Cheers Phil, we'll take a raincheck

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Have a good day Swedish
    Thanks Q

Hi Thomas, I doubt that I will make it to the Sportsman tomorrow; looks like I will be going to the match on my own by train as Geoff can't make this game. I will try to see you at half time if I don't make it to the pub and if you are going back to New ST station straight after the game, I will come with you. Hope to see you tomorrow. M

Hello again Thomas.

Should be there, just wondered what time you think you'll be arriving.

See you tomorrow chap.

COYB .

Have a safe journey SB, and enjoy the game!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast