shopify analytics
+ Visit Dundee United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Mckinnon hello Hartley

Bye Bye Mckinnon hello Hartley

probably get slated for this but if Mckinnons tactical shambles excels itself into another level of embarrasement this weekend he must take a look in the mirror and admit his level of management is junior league standard
    although we are guaranteed a play off place the way we have bluffed ourseves to it is still a miracle
    I wouldn't hesitate in offering Hartley the job if Ray walks away ,Hard working,Honest , No nonsense manager and Definetly the wrong decision by the muppets oer the road to Gie him the dunt ,gonna be someone else's gain.
    Reminds me a wee bit o a certain young James Mclean
    He never played for us so he winnae be blinded wi tangerine goggles like McKinnon.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydufc View Post
    probably get slated for this but if Mckinnons tactical shambles excels itself into another level of embarrasement this weekend he must take a look in the mirror and admit his level of management is junior league standard
    although we are guaranteed a play off place the way we have bluffed ourseves to it is still a miracle
    I wouldn't hesitate in offering Hartley the job if Ray walks away ,Hard working,Honest , No nonsense manager and Definetly the wrong decision by the muppets oer the road to Gie him the dunt ,gonna be someone else's gain.
    He never played for us so he winnae be blinded wi tangerine goggles like McKinnon.
    No point in slating you for this idea. It has been thought of before. Jim McLean was coach at Dundee FC and became United's manager. The rest is history. Our history! Who wouldn't repeat that scenario?

TOP TIP: Stop drinking during the day!

Reckon he probably wouldn't cross the divide as he ain't no Thomson bum sniffer yes man like McKinnon

Reckon he probably wouldn't cross the divide as he ain't no Thomson bum sniffer yes man like McKinnon

That's maybe why he has been punted from the Dees?

Utter pish.

Just no

Was just away to say where's Ian because the op is a real example of sniffing glue and not having a scoobydoo in a oner

Oh dear

Speaking of sniffing glue , I see you still partake

Definite no to that idea.

Dee supporters wanted him sacked earlier

JYM was never sacked - not in 20+ years

Let's stop with this nonsense and just back Raymundo and the players for last matches of the season when we have a chance to get back where we belong

Taking the piss aren't you.

If anyone wants Hartley they haven't watched Dundee last couple of years. Absolutely no pace or width (where have we heard this before), journymen central midfielder overload.

John Hughes would be my choice. Should've got him instead of Ray and should have got him long before Jackie was sacked.

Hartley has been called a number of things by us over the years, but however much i agree with their sentiment, i really cannot lower myself to call him those names!

So he is the last manky basket i would like to see leading our team!

I want our manager to be 'blinded wi tangerine goggles'. I don't think that is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    John Hughes would be my choice. Should've got him instead of Ray and should have got him long before Jackie was sacked.
    Seen this a few times. He's the only manager in the Championship to have a worse away record than McKinnon. 100% loss record so far during his time at Raith.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Seen this a few times. He's the only manager in the Championship to have a worse away record than McKinnon. 100% loss record so far during his time at Raith.
    Not really what im judging him on. How long has he been at Raith 2 months?

Watched his teams over the years play good sometimes great football, built a great Caley side, good Falkirk side. Won the cup with Caley. Sure qualifying for Europe first time in both clubs history.

More importantly he can spot a player. His dealings with picking up players from dowm south(or wherever) were impressive.

He's a passionate man and I like him. Maybe he sounds stupid but he clearly isn't.

Not really what im judging him on. How long has he been at Raith 2 months?

Watched his teams over the years play good sometimes great football, built a great Caley side, good Falkirk side. Won the cup with Caley. Sure qualifying for Europe first time in both clubs history.

More importantly he can spot a player. His dealings with picking up players from dowm south(or wherever) were impressive.

He's a passionate man and I like him. Maybe he sounds stupid but he clearly isn't.
    Initially I wanted John Hughes also, when JMc was punted. His enthusiasm for the game reminds of some of Jim McLeans traits, just a wee bit happier! Good honest man seemingly and knows the Scottish game.

IMO Hughes would be worth a try and is within United's financial reach.

Taking the piss aren't you.

If anyone wants Hartley they haven't watched Dundee last couple of years. Absolutely no pace or width (where have we heard this before), journymen central midfielder overload.

John Hughes Jesus wept the guy that took over a ****e raith team and somehow made them worse.

And yet his sh*te Raith team beat us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast