+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derby County suggested strategy to beat Sheffield Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    ramAnag. There are a lot more than Butters and Camera to go How about Christie Bent Bryson Ince Olson for starters If we are serious about promotion all those should go and even Hughes as was well
    Agree.. I would out most of them but that won't happen. How much will Morris bank roll? How much is their resale value?
    The only two I would keep are Ince and Hughes but they are our best assets, so they may have to go. Then we have the problem of recruitment, don't get me started on that debacle. Is Rowett the man? I am not sure yet from what I have seen.. Nothing has really changed, no real change if style, strange selections. How Bent starts if Nugent is even 50% fit, I don't know.
    So we sell at low prices, buy poorer players at higher prices.. Morris needs a new computer game to get more money in.. Rowett goes before Xmas as we are struggling with a new team. No time afforded to anyone, right or wrong.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are in a right mess.

Way to go R4J, a normal post and low and behold, nobody has a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Carson Baird Vydra Anya Nugent and BJ probably Shackel as captain I was never confident Mac would get the right players in but iam with Rowett
    First person I've heard who'd keep Shackell let alone make him captain. Not saying you're wrong...just a bit surprised. Cashing in on Ince, Martin and Hughes then? Should raise £30-33 million I guess and save a lot of wages. Interesting, but you do watch them more than most.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Agree.. I would out most of them but that won't happen. How much will Morris bank roll? How much is their resale value?
    The only two I would keep are Ince and Hughes but they are our best assets, so they may have to go. Then we have the problem of recruitment, don't get me started on that debacle. Is Rowett the man? I am not sure yet from what I have seen.. Nothing has really changed, no real change if style, strange selections. How Bent starts if Nugent is even 50% fit, I don't know.
    So we sell at low prices, buy poorer players at higher prices.. Morris needs a new computer game to get more money in.. Rowett goes before Xmas as we are struggling with a new team. No time afforded to anyone, right or wrong.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are in a right mess.

Way to go R4J, a normal post and low and behold, nobody has a problem with it.
    Nugent isn't 50% fit and at least Bent got a goal!

Ince has been along with Carson our best player this season, we need him, its the lightweights who contribute very little that need to go and bring in some tough tackling, roll your sleeves up type of players of which we have none.

As for is Rowett the man, well who knows? He has had to work with what he has got and has admitted that he knows whats needed, he is very careful not to slag any individual off, but what he has said is that we need battlers in the team and we ahve too many fancy footballers, something I think upon which we can all agree?

The sooner we bring in quality, the better our riches are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)