+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tony mowbray.

Tony mowbray.

Is he the right man to lead us in league one?

I'm not sure. If the club is going to based on academy products, maybe a youthful coach with new ideas could be the way to go? You'll probably guffaw, but Michael Appleton would NOW be a good choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Is he the right man to lead us in league one?

I'm not sure. If the club is going to based on academy products, maybe a youthful coach with new ideas could be the way to go? You'll probably guffaw, but Michael Appleton would NOW be a good choice!
    You know me, Saxo. I'm always against hasty changes, because I don't buy into the "It's all down to the manager" myth.
    ALL of our managers in recent years have achieved roughly the same points-per-game average. That MUST mean something other than that they are ALL bad at the job.
    I can see the logic in what you say about youth, but I think it would only be fair to let TM have a whole season. It's a bit harsh to judge managers until they have had a summer to make the changes they think are necessary.

He should stay and given the chance to over see and much needed clearout
    a change in leadership does not guarantee a change in fortunes
    we have seen us get worse and worse season on season due to venkys tightening the purse strings to make up for past errors.
    we need a good man to take a new look rovers forward he is that man.

In the end, he has suffered - like the others - from our inability to close out games where we have been the better team.
    Seven draws from 13 games under TM, and 15 draws altogether this season - so many of them involving late opposition goals. (Not to mention a few dreadful refereeing decisions).
    We just seem to lack that edge of mongrel character.
    (To illustrate what I mean, Burton managed to beat Leeds with only 36% possession - at home. We just haven't done that often enough).
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 22-04-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Actually lads I also said/posted this a while back on FM (on England mad actually). I think Mowbray messed things up so much at Cov in Lg One (a lower league), so why did he get the job to keep your team up in a higher league ?

its so very simple Acido...........there's a saying which goes - 'beggars can't be choosers' !
    For some time now we've been far from an attractive proposition, which intensifies with each passing season.
    As for his abilities as measured against his predecessors? Well I may well get corrected here, but generally since big Sam it would be fair to say that each and every one have experienced a 'declined position' (league status wise) upon their departure/extraction.
    There will be quite a few that say GB was the exception, which i can agree with set against his wheeling dealing, but ultimately he failed to progress us to the desired position.
    Last edited by Despair; 23-04-2017 at 07:54 AM.

I wish we had a more level head like senior at the club from the start of the season because the decision to employ coyle was a ridiculous one
    had we had Mowbray from the beginning I guarantee we would not be in the bottom 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    its so very simple Acido...........there's a saying which goes - 'beggars can't be choosers' !
    For some time now we've been far from an attractive proposition, which intensifies with each passing season.
    Err that sounds similar to what we have always had to 'accept' as a club Despair. Its annoying isnt it

I dont think Mowbray has done that badly,considering what he came into - at least he understands the concept of defending. Compared to Coyle, and given what he has to work with I think he deserves a shot next season. We could do worse,indeed Coyle,Berg, & Appleton were all a lot worse IMHO - Lambert somewhat similar(but much more expensive),maybe Bowyer a bit better(certainly on the financial side of "wheeler-dealing").

Dont think Mowbrays wages should go - get rid of all out-of-contract players instead. Would like to keep Mahoney-but if hes off to Preston on a freebie(as rumoured)so be it - Lenihan is perhaps the one player I really would try to hold onto - but judging on the performances Ive seen this season(which isnt that many agreed) otherwise Im not too bothered. Graham & Mulgrew certainly have a bit of quality at Championship level,and Williams normally puts a full shift in,but otherwise - too much inconsistency for me. Just contrast with more consistency at say Preston with hardly a better team - effort and appllcation werent really on the agenda,but Coyle was the main culprit.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)