+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Wolves v Blackburn Matchday Thread

Wolves v Blackburn Matchday Thread

Match Preview Click Here

A win for Wolves at Leeds on Monday confirmed championship football for another season. Blackburn need to get something at Molineux today as they they sit in the final relegation place.

Very true '71, but a couple more wins would make our final position much more respectable.

I get the impression that the biggest statistic so far is the No of free kicks, which could be measures in FKs / minute

Sorry I can't make much of a contribution boys am just about to get on a plane at O'Hare and there as no free wifi in St Louis, *******s! Still, dosen't sound like I'm missing much. Come on you Wanderers pull your fingers out!

COMB!!!!!

Danny Graham on for Blackburn.

You can almost smell it...

Glad I didn't pay good money to watch this....if ever a game needed a goal this is it...but not by Danny Graham !!! Come on Wolves put it in the net

That was really poor from a Wolves perspective. I'll look back on the season in a couple of weeks with fond memories of our performances on the road. Wolves don't have it in them to take the game to the opposition at Molineux.

There was no real urgency or tempo to the way Wolves played. When you have a keeper in Lonergan who takes an eternity to release the ball, then it's time to ask the question, why bother? The options and player movement was a joke, especially when Saiss had the ball, it was either side way passing or hollywood style 40 yard hit passes. The thing with Saiss is that he can pick a pass, but is one paced and slow.

For a side facing relegation, Blackburn were also poor, one header put over the bar and a point blank save from Lonergan was as good as it got.

Back to Saiss, he at least tried to go for goal from distance, wayward shooting, but worth a try. He also put an header over in the first half. One bright light from today's game was the substitute appearance from Gibbs-White. A youngster full of energy and eager to impress, in contrast, another sub Cavaleiro, frustrates the hell out of you one minute and delights you the next. He often held onto the ball too long, add to that poor delivery. Not his day. Weimann also put himself about, but in creating an opening for Bodvarsson, in my opinion he held onto the ball too long. Bodvarsson looked like he was fouled, at the time i thought he was taken out and still do now.

A game to forget!

Dicko.....your time is up. I can forgive a player if he's still trying to get back to full fitness but I can't forgive a player, specially a striker that doesn't even try to make a run to give a player like Saiss options. It was very poor but apart from Weimann that has been our biggest disappointment for me this season. That, and not getting bodies into the opposing box. What chance do we have of scoring when we are completely outnumbered in front of goal? Lonergan is another that needs to be moved on. I can't remember the last time we had such a poor goalkeeper. All that said I expected a much better game if only because Blackburn had something to play for, but quite honestly they offered very little and with performances like that their position in the table is where they deserve to be.

I'm surprised the highlights are longer than ten seconds!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)