+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Town Post Match Thoughts

Semi was passing like he was at Twickenham - two very poor sides today and as for organised ?

I think if 5/6 passes consecutively and that would be it.....they should have won on clear cut chances but just an end of season jaunt for them.....and we snatched a win....

JCH was good when he came on - bringing people into the game.

No Warne got a result due to Ipswichs mentality today....gave the ball away like a Sunday team...

Nothing to write home about really but if Warnsey says he's "Satisfied" then that's BAD !

We need a lot more discipline in the squad - and hard man Warne is banning phones.....sounds like sixth form to me...!

A sort of FA cup game.A team from the lower leagues just about beat a team of higher league reserves.Nobody cares.

We won in a nowt game but I will take it with the clean sheet. Think Mick Mccarthy has been very generous with us this season. Thanks big Mick.

The penalty incident was written in the stars. It was obvious that if we were to actually get a pen we would make a balls up of it.

O'Donnell seems to be getting more confident
    Crap 1st half from Fisher bet better 2nd half
    Ajayi was having a good game until his injury
    Wood good game
    Mattock wasn't getting up enough to help out
    Adeyemi didn't do anything until he scored
    Taylor was all over pitch and gets my MOTM
    Forde did ok
    Morris needs more work on the training pitch
    Bray looked like he would have been blown over if a gust of wind arrived
    JCH did well
    Ward was getting on my nerves and you could see there was no way he was going to score that pen
    Vaulks shouldn't be playing CB
    Good game from Smallwood, getting him signed up for next season
    Still not convinced Warney knows his tactics
    Ref had his blinkers on, nowt new

Boring game, they would have won easy with their first team out

Get in we won!!!

Sorry to see Orient gone
    Last edited by millertop; 22-04-2017 at 05:40 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot

I care. Some positives from the young players we've got on long deals and happy with the win.

UTM!

We won roly - for the fans sake, it is welome - won't do the players' morale any harm either. We've lost against worse sides this season
    Last edited by sawmiller; 22-04-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Some people just like moaning they just can't help themselves.

Warney playing Taylor on the left, sooner see Newell. Subs JCH should have been 1st one on. Funny how we see games different. O'Donnell looks more confident. Ajayi was the pick of the defence till he went off. Fisher the same ok till he gets the ball & gets out of position. Wood looked slow in the 2nd half to me. Mattock average at best. Vaulks what I've seen his best position is R back. Smallwood & Ademeyi did there job in midfield. Taylor what I saw today can leave for me. Forde did well when he came on. D Ward not in the game really but were was the service, no width. Morris wouldn't keep him, no aggression. Bray not ready.

I think Taylor has been a lot better recently, been putting a lot more crosses in which have good ones. I think both Forde and Taylor will be great next season, they've both been good leaugue one players in the past.

My thoughts?

Ipswich are (as far as I know) the only team in our division not to beat us this season lol
    We get our first penalty and miss it lol
    Taylor man if match, double lol
    The player likely to win player of the season isn't ours.

Overall though we played ok, yes Ipswich were a bit clueless but we stuck in there.

We still need a major clearout of the squad and we desperately need a set of decent team coaches.

I can't see Warne's reluctance to put on JCH when a presence up front is what we cry out for.

Long term I think that was the last time we will see Danny Ward in a Rotherham shirt and also I think we've already seen Frecklington in a Millers shirt, both will be gone.

But hey ho, no need to be miserable, we won.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast