+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Debut

My Debut

I have been training with my step daughters under 15 soccer team, and due to the weather early in the season, we have a catch up game Wednesday night, which happens to be a catch up game for the coaches women's team as well(which my other step daughter plays in)

So step up Step coach Yubby.

The girls have had a 2 all draw, and a loss prior to today's 8 -1 win in which I doubled to be side line official. Still 3 nights away, but I am kind of nervous. Bloody funny me thinks.

Go Step coach Yubby!!

Good luck to both you and the girls on Wednesday night. And if it all goes belly up, just blames the groundsman. As always.

He's useless Winnie.

And thanks, it shall be fun.

For the record 13-15 year old girls think very differently to same aged boys when it comes to sport.

OK. So I'm curious now. In what way do we think very differently to boys about sport at that age?

I am working on overall, averages not the exceptions here.

Girls just aren't as focused on win at all costs.
    Aren't as serious.
    Aren't as competitive.
    Aren't as tactical.
    Aren't as aggressive, and I'm not just saying physically.

Now my second eldest step daughter is the exception, she's 15 and she would match 98% of boys her own age.

Interesting. I can name several exceptions to that, but, thinking back to my **** days most of us weren't that bothered about winning or losing that much. More interested in getting out of PE so we could catch up on chatting instead.

Maybe it's a throw back to cave men/women days where men had to be really focussed on hunting and winning the "prize" of the big beast or whatever, but women's social skills were more important to their survival?

Although I did read something that male sportsmen are less likely to hold grudges against competitors with whom they've had a really tough game, and are more willing to give them a hug at the end of a game than women. Apparently something to do with men still wanting to keep guys from other tribes on side just in case they were needed in the event of an attack.

Hope it went well and the groundsman still has a job!

Your right with the men not holding a grudge, (not all the time) but I played many a game where blokes would go hammer and tong smashing each other out on the paddock, with the occasional fisty cup. AND still go have a beer at the end of the game.

Cracker of a match, we had no subs to their 4 and we created plenty of chances first half, but were found to be 2 nil down.
    We started the second half with 10 cause ones of the girls wasn't feeling well, got to 1-2 with 10men, but they scored shortly after 1-3.

My not 100% girl went back on after 15 (her first game of the year so I am confident it was just fitness.) She dug deep along with the rest of the team, a couple of positional changes to cover fitness, but still wanting to score (prefer to try to win than to defend) so centre defender went mid, she scored a cracker from outside the box, and sent across son may crosses.

We somehow got back to 3-3 only to be scored on again, with approx. 7mins to go another run from my centre defender who now was mid come winger come striker sent across another teasing cross, but this one was perfect our captain went up for the header at the back post which hit her shoulder.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL

4-4

The last 5 we were just defending, countering, but then defend defend defend, I sent 10 behind the ball and just said clear at all costs.

4-4

Amazing game, and so entertaining on both teams

Woo hoo!! Well done coach Yubby and Yubby's girls!

All girls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)