+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Naysmith - an angry man

Spike, you have a sensible head on, - and we need more supporters who realise that we suffer from a limited income.

To further my analogy of the theatre, - we would have no shows at all if it were purely down to bums on seats, - and the sad state of affairs was proved last year when the Dumfries public refused to support a show that was a sell-out right across the UK.

Therefore, our 'shows' - full time Championship football is only possible because of the generosity of our Board of Directors.

How much money have we lost with this generous board this season? The failed concert, the Celtic cup game and the failure to reach the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post
    How much money have we lost with this generous board this season? The failed concert, the Celtic cup game and the failure to reach the playoffs.

Refusing to back Skelton which in turn probably cost us a glamore tie against Celtic thanks to JT being in charge will haunt this club for a long time . It's been one of the most bizarre seasons for a years and there's an ever growing list of disillusioned supporters

Sorry aloreburn, -I can't accept that.

The fact that Queens did not beat Albion Rovers was purely down to the players attitudes; the same "couldn't give a ****" attitude that has cost many points this season as well as the loss of £150K against Celtic.

It is that attitude that must change, - and we the fans should demand it from the players rather than blaming the BOD. We might as well blame the ref!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Sorry aloreburn, -I can't accept that.

The fact that Queens did not beat Albion Rovers was purely down to the players attitudes; the same "couldn't give a ****" attitude that has cost many points this season as well as the loss of £150K against Celtic.

It is that attitude that must change, - and we the fans should demand it from the players rather than blaming the BOD. We might as well blame the ref!
    So who signed these players that let the club down as most appeared to get contracts before Skelton was appointed.

Everything went tits up after the Skelton saga Jardi . The CHAIRMAN didn't back him I'm informed but we'll never know the truth do due the confidentiality clause . I'll leave it at that though

I'm going to back Naysmith as I don't think he should be sacked like some fans across on the P&B site

i get your point jardi ,but i wasnt meaning we spend outragous amounts of cash building next seasons squad there is going to be plenty of players out there for next season that can do the job ,listening to all the managers comments sofar he is defo going to be signing and releasing alot of players during the summer window ,what im saying is i think our manager has a good aye for talent by the sounds of him ,he knows what he is looking for and there will be a massive turnover of players at the club during summer ,i just hope the board sensibly back him as im sure he will get a decent squad together capable of promotion or there abouts .

" has an aye for talent "

I don't think so. Are you happy with Rankin and Mercer? Thomas and Thomson have diminished significantly since their arrival.

This Manager doesn't show positivity in any way. His demeanour , body language and most certainly his style of play are all negative. On top of all that his constant public criticism of players does nothing to engender togetherness and is completely uninspiring and de-motivational.

I do not trust him to build a squad capable of competing at the top end of the League and that if retained we will really struggle next season.

Of course, I hope I am wrong as I want us to do well but I think this will end in tears.

I would get rid ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i get your point jardi ,but i wasnt meaning we spend outragous amounts of cash building next seasons squad there is going to be plenty of players out there for next season that can do the job ,listening to all the managers comments sofar he is defo going to be signing and releasing alot of players during the summer window ,what im saying is i think our manager has a good ayetalent by the sounds of him ,he knows what he is looking for and there will be a massive turnover of players at the club during summer ,i just hope the board sensibly back him as im sure he will get a decent squad together capable of promotion or there abouts .

Don't you mean eye aye ?

Quote Originally Posted by nithvalley View Post
    " has an aye for talent "

I don't think so. Are you happy with Rankin and Mercer? Thomas and Thomson have diminished significantly since their arrival.

This Manager doesn't show positivity in any way. His demeanour , body language and most certainly his style of play are all negative. On top of all that his constant public criticism of players does nothing to engender togetherness and is completely uninspiring and de-motivational.

I do not trust him to build a squad capable of competing at the top end of the League and that if retained we will really struggle next season.

Of course, I hope I am wrong as I want us to do well but I think this will end in tears.

I would get rid ASAP.

Strong words Nithvalley but can't see it happening as he's 2 years of a contract remaining

Mercer has been a bad signing so far but I'm will to give you a chance . Hopefully he can improve next season .

Jury still out on Rankin and for some reason Thomas & Thomsons form has dipped after great starts for Queens . Both are hugely talented youngsters

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)