+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Naysmith - an angry man

Gary Naysmith - an angry man

in today's Sunday Mail - '' I will take the blame because i am the manager but it was not good enough by the players - their attitude towards the game was disgusting '' We cheated the fans and it won't happen again I can assure you ''

Was saying much the same thing on his podcast too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    in today's Sunday Mail - '' I will take the blame because i am the manager but it was not good enough by the players - their attitude towards the game was disgusting '' We cheated the fans and it won't happen again I can assure you ''
    That is only a few of the many words he used. Basically said that they were not fit to wear the shirt, nor would be doing so next season. He also added that he was there for the long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post
    That is only a few of the many words he used. Basically said that they were not fit to wear the shirt, nor would be doing so next season. He also added that he was there for the long haul.
    Good luck with your clear - oot Gary but aren't 7 or 8 of the current squad already signed up for next season ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Good luck with your clear - oot Gary but aren't 7 or 8 of the current squad already signed up for next season ?
    Don't think that really matters . They can always come to an "agreement" to move on

Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post

I love Naysmith's passion for the game but he has a big job on his hands this summer . Two new centre halfs are a priority and what's happened to his signing Scott Mercer . Playing a midfield in his place doesn't look for the lad

i like his attitude ,defo no small town mentality from mr naismith ,he clearly wants bigger and better things from queens ,it will be interesting to see if the board give him full backing on his ambitions in the summer ,coz i think we will have a good chance of being title contenders if the board give him full control on who he wants in .

Francis, - there's no need for extra money, - (although that would be nice), - just because you have a bigger playing budget doesn't guarantee you success.

What is required is Mr. Naysmith's attitude (which is the same as Lennon's) from the players - he expects his players to give 100% and he was quite right, - the fans were short changed on Saturday.

As I've said many times, - if you go to a theatre or concert and the performers don't give a damn - you are entitled to your money back. The same should be true of footballers, - which doesn't mean that we should expect Queens to win every game! One or two players will definitely have an off game, - but an entire team? - no chance!

The worst performance by far at home this season was the 5-0 defeat to Morton. I expect "goings on" behind the scene, before Skelton's departure would have had something to do with the players unforgettable performance that day.
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 24-04-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Francis, - there's no need for extra money, - (although that would be nice), - just because you have a bigger playing budget doesn't guarantee you success.

What is required is Mr. Naysmith's attitude (which is the same as Lennon's) from the players - he expects his players to give 100% and he was quite right, - the fans were short changed on Saturday.

As I've said many times, - if you go to a theatre or concert and the performers don't give a damn - you are entitled to your money back. The same should be true of footballers, - which doesn't mean that we should expect Queens to win every game! One or two players will definitely have an off game, - but an entire team? - no chance!
    I agree with your thoughts on this Jardi as Queens are certainly not in a position to spend big on replacement players for those who will obviously be surplus to requirements come the end of the season. The only reason we can afford to bring players in in due entirely to the management of the clubs affairs by the BoD as the crowds would barely sustain the continuation of full time football and it is only the additional income from the Arena which is keeping us afloat. Next season with the promotion of Hibs the gate revenue will be further diminished but through the hard work of Naysmith and his apparent workaholic attitude taking in as many games as possible I am confident that he can spot and attract young promising players from the lower division to Palmerston. If this comes to fruition I believe that Queens can challenge for a promotional spot next season.
    Mon the South

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)