+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Richie Barker

"We paid Hibs for a manager with no success to his name"

Only a total rebirth of a club with 5/6 players when he arrived taking them to as close to a "double" as you can get - winning the cup and losing to Rangers in the play-offs ( and then only to another referee's mistake apparently )

Gates up and club totally re*****ised!

NL gave AS the recognition he deserved by building the side that won promotion this year - and according to Hibs fans Stubbs side played far better football .

He was a coach at EVERTON since 2006 and his management team served EVERTON for 19 years! They knew the football league well and were all TOP COACHES ! Pro-Licence holders which is recognised world wide.

Having worked at the EVERTON academy for years AS would have been uniquely qualified to develop our new facilities.

If Stubbs had the honeymoon period Warnsey has had we would be looking forward to another year in the championship - Izzy would still be here - Ward would still be scoring 1 / 2 ( as he was under Stubbs )....but alas.....

We would have rid ourselves of the OLD "old fashioned" defenders ( and high earners ) that have been the real reason for our demise this season....notably Wood - Kelly who AS dropped after the Villa debacle.

They have been ever present under PW and the goals just kept flowing in the wrong direction - but - sadly - under Warnsey's inept tactics Ward isn't scoring any more.....Well ....barely.

Compared to AS's pro-licence - Warne's course in Ireland is one of the basic coaching courses available and an "entry level" to coaching football.....

Perhaps AS's vision of all things football was bias towards excellence due to his time with EVERTON.....and our minuscule budget for the championship and forthcoming "facilities" may have caused friction between AS & TS.....whereas PW will be thankful for any job and will toe the line.

But as for future development we needed the likes of AS to pull us up to their level NOT to be easily satisfied with mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    "We paid Hibs for a manager with no success to his name"

Only a total rebirth of a club with 5/6 players when he arrived taking them to as close to a "double" as you can get - winning the cup and losing to Rangers in the play-offs ( and then only to another referee's mistake apparently )

Gates up and club totally re*****ised!

NL gave AS the recognition he deserved by building the side that won promotion this year - and according to Hibs fans Stubbs side played far better football .

He was a coach at EVERTON since 2006 and his management team served EVERTON for 19 years! They knew the football league well and were all TOP COACHES ! Pro-Licence holders which is recognised world wide.

Having worked at the EVERTON academy for years AS would have been uniquely qualified to develop our new facilities.

If Stubbs had the honeymoon period Warnsey has had we would be looking forward to another year in the championship - Izzy would still be here - Ward would still be scoring 1 / 2 ( as he was under Stubbs )....but alas.....

We would have rid ourselves of the OLD "old fashioned" defenders ( and high earners ) that have been the real reason for our demise this season....notably Wood - Kelly who AS dropped after the Villa debacle.

They have been ever present under PW and the goals just kept flowing in the wrong direction - but - sadly - under Warnsey's inept tactics Ward isn't scoring any more.....Well ....barely.

Compared to AS's pro-licence - Warne's course in Ireland is one of the basic coaching courses available and an "entry level" to coaching football.....

Perhaps AS's vision of all things football was bias towards excellence due to his time with EVERTON.....and our minuscule budget for the championship and forthcoming "facilities" may have caused friction between AS & TS.....whereas PW will be thankful for any job and will toe the line.

But as for future development we needed the likes of AS to pull us up to their level NOT to be easily satisfied with mediocrity.
    And of course the masterstroke of signing the 10k+ a week Blackstock who of course is a world beater. Not forgetting Scott Allan,Darnell Fisher and a couple of others who are lg2 standard at best. Funny thing is Stubbs did not win the league but a new guy comes in and does with the same team. Stubbs was **** you will never convince me he was any better .. Wind up or no your tirade of ball licking for this clown is laughable .

Scott Allan on loan as was Izzy and Adeyemi....they were masterstrokes......

Vaulks - Forde - Taylor - Ball....bought within a very small championship budget!

Remember NW left a massive hole in our squad numbers.....filling those gaps on a small budget meant spreading the cash thinly.....with budget players - loans and freebies ( that were left on the market due to the late start of our pre-season )

Young Fry did well for us....and Fisher is still young and will develop - well under Stubbs he would.....Warnsey's history of player development has yet to be written.

Can't argue with history Poker....AS did for Hibs exactly what we needed here and given time and support he would have.....do your own research....

With 60% of the wage budget taken up with OLD "old fashioned" defenders that should have gone in the first window AS had to rely on freebies and by the time NW said NO.....All the best ones were gone.....

MM are full of one liner insults with little thought of the constraints the manager had pre-season....

Again...oversimplification of complex issues.....!

"Wind up or no your tirade of ball licking for this clown is laughable"

Your comprehension of the facts are the only laughable part of this post - but I guess you haven't thought that deeply about it have you !

Barker!

Could not be worse. Proper tossa imo.

Well it will be all mates together then. What a future we have.

2/4 season tickets cancelled.

We heard at the home match with the Owls, that Barker had turned down the Millers.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Barker!

Could not be worse. Proper tossa imo.

Well it will be all mates together then. What a future we have.

2/4 season tickets cancelled.
    Just out of interest Pete, what is your beef with Barker?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Just out of interest Pete, what is your beef with Barker?
    He was over mouthing off as the assistant to Karl Robinson when MK Dons came to NYS Mellow, winding up our fans, trying to referee the linesman and generally acting the goon. We lost if you recall 1-4. Nice that we pasted them at theirs 4-0.

As a player he was at best under average and over weight. As a manager, his record is poor, especially at Portsmouth. It wasn't great at either Bury or Crawley Town either.

My beef mainly Mellow is that we now have a management team consisting of very ordinary ex players who have won nothing in a managerial capacity. Warney has broken that many records for the wrong reasons since he started playing as manager this season that it seems to be more like a fun in the park mentality at RUFC. Both Warney and Barker have big egos which I find a little difficult to tolerate if I'm honest. Wouldn't mind that if either or both had success to boast about.

Now we have Barker who I assume is at least qualified as a coach coming in to play second fiddle to Warne who has an atrocious record as manager. Barker is obviously more comfortable with playing second fiddle to whoever it is so what does that say about his skill set?

For me it just underlines the problems we face, that as a club we seriously had zero options.

He was over mouthing off as the assistant to Karl Robinson when MK Dons came to NYS Mellow, winding up our fans, trying to referee the linesman and generally acting the goon. We lost if you recall 1-4. Nice that we pasted them at theirs 4-0.

As a player he was at best under average and over weight. As a manager, his record is poor, especially at Portsmouth. It wasn't great at either Bury or Crawley Town either.

My beef mainly Mellow is that we now have a management team consisting of very ordinary ex players who have won nothing in a managerial capacity. Warney has broken that many records for the wrong reasons since he started playing as manager this season that it seems to be more like a fun in the park mentality at RUFC. Both Warney and Barker have big egos which I find a little difficult to tolerate if I'm honest. Wouldn't mind that if either or both had success to boast about.

Now we have Barker who I assume is at least qualified as a coach coming in to play second fiddle to Warne who has an atrocious record as manager. Barker is obviously more comfortable with playing second fiddle to whoever it is so what does that say about his skill set?

For me it just underlines the problems we face, that as a club we seriously had zero options.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    We heard at the home match with the Owls, that Barker had turned down the Millers.
    Let's hope that true but who the hell would Warney go for ?

Andy Liddell and Kevin Watson have been mentioned a few times, I'd take Watson who is only contracted with a non league until end of season.

Just wish they would hurry up and sort it out so I can get used to it before next season

I remember his antics at the game against MK Dons but didn't think he did anything much different to what we were used to with Evans and Rayner so it didn't bother me unduly.
    However, I am concerned about his lack of success as a coach and wonder what it is that he will be bringing to the club that should give us grounds for optimism. Not a lot I suspect.
    I wonder how long it will be before someone calls our new management team Dumb and Dumber? ................oh!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast