+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Tail End...

Season Tail End...

Well while us and Barnsley have seen our season well and truly fizzle out but obviously very respectable seasons for both. Our commrades season have both took a turn for the worse. Leeds after what looked like certain play-offs with a glimmer of hope for top two have well and truly imploded. 3 points off Fulham and 5 off the Wendies means they are now favourites to grab that unwanted 7th spot. Burnley who were cruising in mid table are now only 3 and 5 points ahead of Hull and Swansea which really does make nervous times for the Dingles with 4 games left. I personally didn't think Burnley would go down but they are now a little in the do do but hopefully they can just hang in there.
    Last edited by gardsPNE; 24-04-2017 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Well while us and Barnsley have seen our season well and truly fizzle out but obviously very respectable seasons for both. Our commrades season have both took a turn for the worse. Leeds after what looked like certain play-offs with a glimmer of hope for top two have well and truly imploded. 3 points off Fulham and 5 off the Wendies means they are now favourites to grab that unwanted 7th spot. Burnley who were cruising in mid table are now only 3 and 5 points ahead of Hull and Swansea which really does make nervous times for the Dingles with 4 games left. I personally didn't think Burnley would go down but they are now a little in the do do but hopefully they can just hang in there.

Looks like Burnley will survive to fight another day in the Prem. Unbelievable at Leeds as you say I thought we were in the mix but have imploded. Argh well at least I'll get to see them at Deepdale again and maybe Bradford if they keep it together.

Hoping the Clarets can survive now,it's going to take some strange results for us to go down.. Still can't believe Dirty Leeds blew it CB..

Fingers crossed for a Brentford and forest win this Saturday.. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Hoping the Clarets can survive now,it's going to take some strange results for us to go down.. Still can't believe Dirty Leeds blew it CB..

Fingers crossed for a Brentford and forest win this Saturday.. Lol
    I think you are OK now - anyway as long as Fulham lose on Sunday and Leeds win about 14 - 0 we will be back in

Its obvious that your Burnsley team are safe now Alf, so chill out and have a lemonade or two. This is because your too old now for a few beers.

Ohh and ps - Give a bit of advice to Another Yorkshire claret!
    Ok the jokes against Leeds were funny to begin with but in all fairness hes been warned about it a few times now, and hes in for a ban which means a 'global ban' if he carries on with this. Wortley never gets involved like that unless she really has to, so I hope that AYC drops it now that the season is all but over.
    Last edited by Acido; 03-05-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Its obvious that your Burnsley team are safe now Alf, so chill out and have a lemonade or two. This is because your too old now for a few beers.

Ohh and ps - Give a bit of advice to Another Yorkshire claret!
    Ok the jokes against Leeds were funny to begin with but in all fairness hes been warned about it a few times now, and hes in for a ban which means a 'global ban' if he carries on with this. Wortley never gets involved like that unless she really has to, so I hope that AYC drops it now that the season is all but over.
    Well said, I have not looked at most of his posts couldn't be assssed - on a positive note for Yorkshire, Bradford really put their heart into their first leg game tonight and deserved their one nil win - I suspect Flockweed will come at them a little harder when they are at home they certainly didn't push tonight. The other positive was just one yellow card all night between the teams (Fleetwood) more than can be said for Milwall.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Well said, I have not looked at most of his posts couldn't be assssed - on a positive note for Yorkshire, Bradford really put their heart into their first leg game tonight and deserved their one nil win - I suspect Flockweed will come at them a little harder when they are at home they certainly didn't push tonight. The other positive was just one yellow card all night between the teams (Fleetwood) more than can be said for Milwall.
    Im talking as a fellow 'West' Yorkshire fan here Calvo, and yes good luck to Bradford in the play offs this season. Thats an important lead they have to take to Fleetwood in the 2nd leg. And I hope Fleetwood will keep on improving and that their time will come in the next few years. I know a few Millwall fans on Footymad but I dont particurlarly like their team, and I reckon they are going to beat Scunny in the other Semi final.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Im talking as a fellow 'West' Yorkshire fan here Calvo, and yes good luck to Bradford in the play offs this season. Thats an important lead they have to take to Fleetwood in the 2nd leg. And I hope Fleetwood will keep on improving and that their time will come in the next few years. I know a few Millwall fans on Footymad but I dont particurlarly like their team, and I reckon they are going to beat Scunny in the other Semi final.
    Agreed re Millwall - not sure who would be the better team to meet in the final, the outcome of the playoffs is always hard to predict. Bfud certainly seemed to be giving it their all on Thursday night, though some of the finishing was a bit suspect.

Well when it came to us in the play offs this time last year, I think we had the better fixtures. Walsall to begin with and then Millwall in the final, and we got into their faces straight away at Wembley and didnt allow them to settle. That meant we did the 'treble' over them last season.

What do you think the two goals Blackburn needed to stay up was worth to avoid relegation - sorry smiling as I type

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)