+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prediction League - Huddersfield Town

Prediction League - Huddersfield Town

Wolves play their match in hand tomorrow, which will be the second to last match at home. They welcome the Terriers of Huddersfield Town, who have a longshot at one of the automatic spots (need to win out and hope Newcastle don't get more than one point from their remaining three matches). So really, they are playing for the 3rd or 4th spots, which ensures the second leg of the first round of the playoffs is on their home ground. They have the worst goal difference (and by a significant margin) of any of the playoff challenging teams, so they need to get to 3rd or 4th on points. A win against us would put them 3rd at 81 points. A draw put them 4th at 79 points.

Wolves on the other hand, have little to play for other than pride and to carry momentum into the offseason. Lambert has said he won't just hand out appearances in the last three matches, so I don't expect to see a youngster filled lineup. Maybe a start to Gibbs-White in one of the matches, or a start for Burgoyne, but nothing outlandish.

Huddersfield's position in the table is largely down to two key stretches. They began the season on a 6 match unbeaten run with 5 wins and 1 draw. Great head start for the season, as it helped them be in the top spot in the table through the 11th round. The second stretch was the winter months. From December through the end of February, Huddersfield went 11-3-1 with two 7 match unbeaten runs divided by a sole loss to Sheffield Wednesday. Outside of this stretch, Huddersfield are only 13-3-12 (I say only, but I'd take that points pace for Wolves in a heartbeat). Their two leading scorers are Elias Kachunga and Nahki Wells with 12 and 10 league goals respectively. No one else has more than 4 in league play. They're not a great scoring squad, sitting 14th in the league in goals for. However, they are 6th in goals against (though could slip to outside the top 10 if they concede 3 goals to Wolves in their match in hand tomorrow). I don't think they're a great team and while the table doesn't lie over the course of the season, I think the Terriers are somewhat fortunate that they're in the position they are. 19 of their victories are by 1 goal. A few of those turn into draws and they're on the outside, looking in at the playoffs. They're the team least likely to win promotion via playoffs IMO. But they're still better than Wolves.

Wolves 1-2 Huddersfield

Edwards

1) wolves71 - 27.5
    2) theplater - 25.2
    2) TheDing - 25.2
    4) WOODLANDSWOLF - 21.4
    5) Woking88 - 20.4
    6) MichiganWolf - 18.5
    7) GrizzledWolf - 18
    8) kensleftfoot - 17
    9) JonDeWolf - 16.4
    10) Newcywolf - 15.2
    11) wolfiebill - 14.3
    12) Makka - 13.1
    13) EveWolf65 - 9.1
    14) Switch_Off_Lights - 6.2
    15) icart - 3
    16) ADP22 - 1

Wolves 0-1 Huddersfield

Wolves 2-1 Huddersfield (weimann)

Wolves 2 - Huddersfield 2
    (Bod)

1-1, Edwards.

Huddersfield to win 2-1 Weimann

1-1 Weimann

Not a very inspiring line-up, but I thought that before the Liverpool match. Unlike the Liverpool match, I don't see us rising to the occasion!

Wolves 1 Huddersfield 2

Gibbs-White.

I think that the Terriers have got the jitters ....... Time for us to play like we're away from home !!!

Wolves 2-1 Huddersfield (Weimann for us and RVP for them !!!)

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)