+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheffield Utd to re sign Ched Evans

Quote Originally Posted by DK_NY View Post
    A sheffield united spokesperson said that chris wilder has full control of transfer activity and doesnt have to have approval from the technical commitee consisting of jessica ennis and the fat bloke from the housemartins.
    Fat Boy Slim?

I heard it was Brian Deane who said he'd withdraw his support if Sean Bean had a photo with Mike Tyson.

Back to matters on the pitch rather than in a TravelTavern , he's not actually a particularly good footballer so they're welcome to him.
    By their own admission it's a gamble that somehow he'll become a C'ship standard footballer.
    Very unlikley.

Dont think its anything to do with wanting to sign him..i think they had to...think...

Milla Something to do with a reported intention to sue the Blades for lost wages ? !

Quote Originally Posted by NYSRich View Post
    Brin, sorry but you're wrong. It was Charlie Webster, another United patron, who was accused of double-standards, after it was revealed that she'd had her photo taken with Mike Tyson after she had resigned her position in protest over Evans. Jessica Ennis merely asked to have her name removed from the stand, which seems wholly reasonable to me.
    Correct my apologies To Dame Jessica Ennis - Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Milla Something to do with a reported intention to sue the Blades for lost wages ? !
    Yes I read this on the Blades Mad site something about suing the club for not supporting him or something on those lines so felt compelled to take him on to stop a legal case against the club. Football eh, what a merry go round.

Stand now called Redbrick Estate Agency Stand so no more problem

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    I don't understand this.
    Are the Blades prepared to pay £500k for him and pay him Championship wages even though he probably doesn't have the quality to play consistently at that level?
    Seems a strange thing to do particularly as they may not have lost the legal case.

To be honest it looks like most of their fans arent bothered either, they have moved on since and spending half a mill on him is a big step backwards really. What does it say to Clarke & fat Billy as well, do these two really need help from a flop who couldnt even cut it at Chesterfield this season!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Yes I read this on the Blades Mad site something about suing the club for not supporting him or something on those lines so felt compelled to take him on to stop a legal case against the club. Football eh, what a merry go round.
    I've seen it on there too.

It's cobblers.

At the time the club terminated his contract, Evans had been convicted of rape and was unable to play because he was in prison. They were perfectly entitled to terminate his contract and there was no duty to support him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12