+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Utd to re sign Ched Evans

Sheffield Utd to re sign Ched Evans

According to recent news Ched Evans is to re sign from Chesterfield by the end of the week for £500,000

Wonder what Dame Jessica Ennis- Hill makes of that....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    According to recent news Ched Evans is to re sign from Chesterfield by the end of the week for £500,000

What should she make out of it Brin?

He was acquitted after all, wasn't he.

Don't really understand this one.
    Apparently he's been distinctly average in League 1 and now United want him for the Championship.
    Perhaps they think he'll improve dramatically just because he's gone home.

13 goals in 71 games in C'ship
    35 in 42 in div one

7 in 29 this season for Chessy, again in Div 1

A div one standard player.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    What should she make out of it Brin?

He was acquitted after all, wasn't he.
    I was referring to the fact how she wanted her name taking down off the main stand if the club kept Evans on, all this when he wasn't even found guilty.

To top it all she wanted a photo shot with Mike Tyson of all people a convicted rapist which may have boosted her social profile.

Double standards if you ask me. She told the press having photo taken with Mike Tyson would have been a mistake, yeh some mistake!

I was referring to the fact how she wanted her name taking down off the main stand if the club kept Evans on, all this when he wasn't even found guilty.

To top it all she wanted a photo shot with Mike Tyson of all people a convicted rapist which may have boosted her social profile.

Double standards if you ask me. She told the press having photo taken with Mike Tyson would have been a mistake, yeh some mistake!
    Nope, the truth is that he was guilty, back then, and about to be released from jail, when SUFC said they were interested in re-signing him, so she asked to have her name removed, if that was to be the case...

Don't know about the Mike Tyson stuff.

The events that night were very sordid.
    Perhaps she didn't want her name associated with that type of thing even if it wasn't rape.

However I suspect it was more because SUFC were pants and not worth being associated with
    Her choice.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    The events that night were very sordid.
    Perhaps she didn't want her name associated with that type of thing even if it wasn't rape.

However I suspect it was more because SUFC were pants and not worth being associated with
    Her choice.
    At best Evans showed very poor character and in my opinion he was very fortunate that the wealthy family of his girlfriend stood by him and spent huge sums finding loopholes that would not be available to you or I in that situation whilst simultaneously launching and encouraging a massive smear campaign on the girl involved. I wouldn't want him anywhere near this club and I doubt the majority of fans would. I recall the unease at Tom Pope joining the club after that video and although I celebrated the goals he scored, I was never entirely comfortable with him in an RUFC shirt.

Brin, sorry but you're wrong. It was Charlie Webster, another United patron, who was accused of double-standards, after it was revealed that she'd had her photo taken with Mike Tyson after she had resigned her position in protest over Evans. Jessica Ennis merely asked to have her name removed from the stand, which seems wholly reasonable to me.

A sheffield united spokesperson said that chris wilder has full control of transfer activity and doesnt have to have approval from the technical commitee consisting of jessica ennis and the fat bloke from the housemartins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast