+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nae Deid (Me edition)

Nae Deid (Me edition)

Holy f@ck that was a bad unnexpected few days

Flight cancelled on Thursday as explained on other thread only to be offered a sunday flight as compensation. So bought own flight as i wanted home to my family. Flew overnight friday. Almost as soon as i was on the plane i deteriorated rapidly. Spewing like a ive never known inclusive of blood, sh@tting water, temperature fluctuations, cold sweats, shivering, the legs failing to work properly. With a 10 hour flight ahead and a stop over of 4hours with a 2 hour fligh after i honestly thought i wouldnt make it to Aberdeen, but i did. Got home and wife said i looked like i was away to collapse, so phoned NHS24. Who sorted it for me to head to ARI. Then i was up to the ward getting half my blood taken for tests and getting fluids pumped in for two days solid. Didnt piss from Friday morning untill Monday morning. Scary sh@t. Home now.

Imagine i took the sunday option. Could have been serious bad new

Turns out i picked up some tropical infection, "most likely" fae mosquitos which rapidly dehydrated me, this causing all my symptoms. Still in pain and still feel like i was kicked in, still cant eat. But it wasnt Malaria or something sinister that would kill me. (Soon as that was realised in true NHS stylee i was booted out of hospital as i was hogging a bed, even though they didnt diagnose me, they just said its a tropical infection and you winna die but if i get worse come back) So i canna complain. Im still alive.

F@ck you mozzys, go me

They could have bothered to find out exactly what infection you had, the lazy sods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    They could have bothered to find out exactly what infection you had, the lazy sods.
    Exactly what i said. Symptoms similar to numerous infections, obviously too much hassle to work out

How much would you hate BA right now if you had taken their option of a flight on Sunday?

I have done exactly the same thing when BA screwed me over on a flight... just bought a ticket from a proper airline.

Good to see you are on the mend and it was not anything worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    How much would you hate BA right now if you had taken their option of a flight on Sunday?

I have done exactly the same thing when BA screwed me over on a flight... just bought a ticket from a proper airline.

Good to see you are on the mend and it was not anything worse.
    BA refused to put me on the friday flight saying it was full even though skyscanner and expedia were showing seats available

By the time i would have flown on sunday wi BA i would have been on my 3rd drip at ARI. Cheers KLM, sorry about your bogs

Glad you're on the mend, enjoy the rest of your stay at home.

It would have been even worse if you had ended up in some sh!tty African hospital

Do you not take Malaron or anything like that Pac?

Aye, BA, I refuse to fly them if it's possible. Poor customer service and normally pretty expensive as well.

Glad to hear you are "OK" and it's not as serious as it could have been.

Probalby something completely different and not relevant but for what it's worth:

Some years ago i also copped for a mosquito borne virus and, while not as ill as you have been, it dragged on for months. Anyway since then i have had trouble with arthritis and have been told:
    Caucasion men of a certain age are susceptiple
    Playing football for too long (and too badly) compromised my joints

Anyway hopefully you will avoid reactive arthritis but it wouldn't hurt to get regular fish oil and glucosomine into you , cutting down on gluten has helped a bit too.

Like i said sure you will avoid it but keep an eye out for symtoms particularly when it's humid.

Good luck, get well soon and COYR

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Glad to hear you are "OK" and it's not as serious as it could have been.

Probalby something completely different and not relevant but for what it's worth:

Some years ago i also copped for a mosquito borne virus and, while not as ill as you have been, it dragged on for months. Anyway since then i have had trouble with arthritis and have been told:
    Caucasion men of a certain age are susceptiple
    Playing football for too long (and too badly) compromised my joints

Anyway hopefully you will avoid reactive arthritis but it wouldn't hurt to get regular fish oil and glucosomine into you , cutting down on gluten has helped a bit too.

Like i said sure you will avoid it but keep an eye out for symtoms particularly when it's humid.

Good luck, get well soon and COYR
    Funny you mention that. As I was warned that the muscle and joint pain could last months or weeks or days. Still stiff as a board, everythings cleared up barring my sare kidneys. Plowing throw water and cranberry juice to try and flush out whatever it is.

Ill be ok. Scary as f@ck at the time though.

Its a bit of a warning that I'm nae actually invincible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast