+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bent and Baird contracts extended

Bent and Baird contracts extended

The club have announced that both Bent and Baird are too have their contracts extended for 1 year.

I wonder if they'll be on reduced salaries.

Not sure why but it does suggest that one of Martin or Vydra will go as we need some new blood up front and with Bent Nugent Martin and Vydra on the books there is little scope for that

baird gives us a bit of the experienced journeyman but hopefully only as a back up

Happy that Baird has received a new contract but Bent has scraped through on getting a new contract by the skin of his teeth by helping us out with his goals recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Happy that Baird has received a new contract but Bent has scraped through on getting a new contract by the skin of his teeth by helping us out with his goals recently.
    Thats a bit of a daft thing to say, I thought goals were what we paid him for? Bent might look confused most of the time but goals is goals. a goal every three games will do me, especially when the service for half the season has been so bloody abysmal.

Baird agreed however, a solid citizen wanting for skill rather than dedication to the cause, hopefully a squad player next year tho

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Isn't that what a striker is supposed to do? Score goals? Done his job

That's why I said "he has done enough to secure a new contract"

Delighted we've snapped up Baird, he's been one of our best players this season IMO. Bent is an interesting one, can understand it as he still scores, and can offload perhaps Vydra and Weimann for some new striker room?

I personally would not of renewed either Bent or Baird

Baird is steady ,but leaves us defending too deep like all our centre/full backs to frightend of players running in behind as the lack of pace is evident ,so no would have much preferred tempting Wisdom back at least he could tackle and stop a cross
    Olsen has he ever stopped a cross coming in ...........different subject I know.

Bent not for me wages used better elsewhere ,he's like a lot of our squad goes missing for 3/4's of the match

If his wages were an issue, I think Derby wouldn't have renewed his contract despite what he has done so far.

Surprised about Bent, can see the sense of Baird...decent, versatile cover for one more season and an experienced 'old head'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)