+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barker set to join up with Warney as assistant

Barker set to join up with Warney as assistant

Former Millers striker Richie Barker is set to rejoin the club as Assistant manager to Paul Warne. - External Link

Quote Originally Posted by Footymad View Post
    Former Millers striker Richie Barker is set to rejoin the club as Assistant manager to Paul Warne. - External Link
    WOW! When was this announced? Sounds like a great partnership.......

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    WOW! When was this announced? Sounds like a great partnership.......
    I know that he was never the quickest on the pitch, but this is ridiculous...

So its now official - the Old Boys Club" or as many on here would call it the Dream Team of Legends !!!
    More like a team of Leg Ends !! If we include Pollitt ,Breckin ,Barker and Warne what a shambles of a team ,next thing you hear is that Smallwood is being given another contract !

Hardly inspires me. Hope I'm wrong. But I would have thought we would have 'learned lessons' and restructured and regrouped and planned a strategy for the future. Who ever we appoint, well its going to be a gamble; such is the game, but I can only see this as a cheap and retrograde step

If PW feels more comfortable working with RB and trusts him to be the best assistant for him then this had to happen otherwise PW shouldn't have got the job in the first place if he can't get the staff he want's so it's a yes from me.

What contract has Barker got? Warne is on a one year rolling.

If Barker is on more than one then again it doesn't add up as should they fail miserably then Barker will want paying up or is Stewart going to ask him to take Warnes place if he fails? You know, the old players pals act.

If that happens who will be Barkers number 2? I'll go Kev Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    So its now official - the Old Boys Club" or as many on here would call it the Dream Team of Legends !!!
    More like a team of Leg Ends !! If we include Pollitt ,Breckin ,Barker and Warne what a shambles of a team ,next thing you hear is that Smallwood is being given another contract !
    Brecks will go back to his old job, O'Donnell seems to have improved so Pollitt must be doing something. Barker judge him next season. Me personally think he'll not be a pushover for the players.

I'd expect Breckin to go back to his old role now of entertaining the old legends. Perhaps scouting for Warnie?

I'm not overwhelmed either but I hope it works out for them both and I would certainly offer Smallwood another contract.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast