+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Season ticket renewals

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Season ticket renewals

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I disagree with the post regarding Jim McLean taking Eddie to the cleaners,from memory Jim got roughly a million but he brought in a fortune to the club over the years in gate/tv revenue and how much did he bring in with transfer fees?,million upon million.Wee Jim deserved every single penny he was given.
    ^^^^^^^ this all day long

From my seriously hazy memory, i have our debt to the bank at the end of the JM era as £4mil, rising to £7mil when Eddie past away. Now i have to ask if we have any debts to the banks that in reality would lead us to being put into admin? There may be a number of soft loans around, but do the guys holding that debt want their money back tomorrow?

To put out a question, going by the ST sales, might we be the only team that is functioning to our financial potential with others living an inflated false position funded by their sugar daddys means?

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    When you think about it back in the days of United For Change there was a ground swell of opinion that United were a 'failing club' and pressure mounted to remove the board and replace them with Eddie Thompson. eventually this did indeed come to pass. Eddie promptly put the club in much deeper debt than before and loaned money to DUFC in order to get the club out of the financial mess. There's the big difference between the Thompsons and the likes of McGregor at Ross County. McGregor knows the money he puts into County will never be recouped. He seems happy enough with that scenario (actually selling 1300 STs in a town of 5000 is good going) Unfortunately for DUFC the Thompsons have been the opposite, wanting every penny back and as soon as was practically possible. Oh for a McGregor type figure at Tannadice. Thing is they seem to be thin on the ground.
    Good post GFL

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    But we spent a lot of money during our relegation season, the operating losses prove that. I don't think spending was ever an issue, we had the wrong managers at the wrong time and they wasted the comparatively large budgets they were given.
    Aye we did spend money but we spent it wrongly, we'll never know but IMO if we had spent thtting a good manager like Wright we would have stayed up. Less said about what mixu done with the budget the better....

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    I didn't call us anything, I said it's how anyone may measure success. You may feel success is measured by silverware won, others may measure it be getting into semis/finals/euro qualification. Let's not forget the debt started to build up as soon as the Thompson family took over, it wasn't just when McNamara was appointed, that was just the start of the slippery slope. And also let's not forget wee Jim predicted this would all end in tears, but yet UfC pushed on regardless.
    i measure it with trophies and euro qualifications A, we've been the bridesmaids too many times to say thats a success. No one can forget the debt we got into, i was shot down on here a few times saying this sh1t started with ET and how he got us into the debt we were in. Yeah bang on, UFC eh, if only we could turn back time...

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I disagree with the post regarding Jim McLean taking Eddie to the cleaners,from memory Jim got roughly a million but he brought in a fortune to the club over the years in gate/tv revenue and how much did he bring in with transfer fees?,million upon million.Wee Jim deserved every single penny he was given.
    Bang on, only people taken to the cleaners has been the support and people like Steve Campbell.

McCann is surprised that the fun have 'only' sold 3,200 season tickets

No one else is

Pleasing

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    McCann is surprised that the fun have 'only' sold 3,200 season tickets

No one else is

Pleasing
    suprised they have sold over 3000 most of there support is lying in the eastern cemetery lol ftd

Quote Originally Posted by one team in city View Post
    suprised they have sold over 3000 most of there support is lying in the eastern cemetery lol ftd
    Haha

Up to 4101.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)