+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Justice done

Justice done

Celtic captain Scott Brown cleared to face Rangers after winning appeal against Ross County red card

Celtic skipper Scott Brown is clear to face Rangers for a second weekend running after winning an appeal against the red card picked up against Ross County.

Brown was sent off by referee Don Robertson for a late lunge on Liam Boyce towards the end of the Hoops' controversial 2-2 draw in Dingwall.

Celtic launched an appeal to have that reduced to a booking - and today the SFA upheld the claim.

Sorted.
    SFA obviously pandering to The Rangers agenda again, as the bold Caixinha specially requested Broony play against them...

Huns aren't happy...

"I'm with others. End your short Rangers career with something to take away. Like browns leg from the knee down.
    I expect nothing other than 11 warriors on Saturday, they can't as usual be beaten fairly so for the last game this season, war mode must be employed."

War mode??
    Oh ma hoorin fkn sides!!!

Brown is a thug that gets away with it all the time, even getting a clear red rescinded. Disgraceful.
    The only positive outcome from the OF game would be 10 sendings off, 5 each.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSnakes View Post
    Huns aren't happy...

"I'm with others. End your short Rangers career with something to take away. Like browns leg from the knee down.
    I expect nothing other than 11 warriors on Saturday, they can't as usual be beaten fairly so for the last game this season, war mode must be employed."

War mode??
    Oh ma hoorin fkn sides!!!

war mode...they are not right in the fecking head

Bit of a bizarre decision- seemed a reasonable red to me.

Regarding the h.uns- took a wee look over at ff- a whole support that's not right in the head!

(not a mention of their old owner admitting to cheating for years either interestingly)

Quote Originally Posted by CelticSupporter View Post
    Bit of a bizarre decision- seemed a reasonable red to me.

Regarding the h.uns- took a wee look over at ff- a whole support that's not right in the head!

(not a mention of their old owner admitting to cheating for years either interestingly)
    I think the issue was probably more one of consistency rather than severity. Obviously not sure what Celtic's line would be, but 'whitabootery' in this case is quite a strong argument. As a group, referees must get their act together with regard to the rules, and the fact that occasions such as Miller's two-footed lunge and Garner's recent assault merited next to nothing, you have grounds to ask why the situations are different.
    An individual referee may not be in the frame for getting it wrong, but as a committee they are in a bit of a cleft stick. Anyone with enough brains to present a decent case would get away with this. Referees must try to get it right but, at the very least, they should be consistent in their handling of games.

The compliance officer is doing refs no favours at all imho. Brown is just the latest in reasonable red cards (could have been yellow could have been red) overturned. It doesn't bode well for our game when "tackles" like that are given just a yellow overturning the decision of the ref on the day. The huns can have little complaint given that they finished with 11 after their performance last week but still, it's not good for our overall game imho.

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    The compliance officer is doing refs no favours at all imho. Brown is just the latest in reasonable red cards (could have been yellow could have been red) overturned. It doesn't bode well for our game when "tackles" like that are given just a yellow overturning the decision of the ref on the day. The huns can have little complaint given that they finished with 11 after their performance last week but still, it's not good for our overall game imho.
    Not wishing to defend anyone but it is a contact sport. I know it is getting ever more hands off but there are just as many people bemoaning the passing of the days when a goal could be scored by shoving the keeper into the net with the ball as there are throwing their hands up in horror at poor old Schalk getting mown down by a gust of wind...

(Incidentally, why would the word "mown" have a red line under it as if either my pc or this site doesn't recognise it as a word??)

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)