+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Richie Barker to start on Tuesday

Yeah Cayton....100% wrong with each goal - you referee's need glasses.

So that's 6 - 0 to lbj I'm afraid....

The great one for me is:

"Big Sam is a far more experienced manager"

So Stubbs using the same tactics is good isn't it.

Why do you claim that "Parking the bus" has 100% success rate....it hasn't and I never claimed it did. But a team like us should utilise it because it's better than Warnsey's toe to toe battle against better teams.

The "constant" bad player that Stubbs dropped ( Wood ) was ever present through Mr Millwall's and PW's reign. He is the weak link in our defence....KJ played Fry alongside Wood three times and Ball once.

Are you suggesting that those two
    young-uns should carry Wood - don't make me laugh!

During KJ tenure - with Wood ever present - we conceded 10 goals!
    against : ...Reading - Ipswich - PNE - Derby & Leeds.

As for Izzy Woo Woo....Stubbs knowledge of the Premiership U21 league was immense! Stubbs brought Izzy in for his ball carrying ability and boy didn't Warne love these tactics.

The timing of Izzy leaving was because Stubbs was sacked....KJ abused him and PW was ( is ) the fitness guy....of course Chelsea removed Izzy because Stubbs sacking - what could he learn from Warne....you're in cloud cuckoo land to think any other.

Finally I think....you agree with me that the Goals FOR went down after Stubbs left.....but from a very satisfying 1 GOAL EVERY GAME ( forget the 0.07...lol )

To a paltry 0.76 Goals per game...?

Sorry but no one EVER won a football match by scoring 0.76 per game ...lol
    ( does that equate to 5 corners ? )

Don't scream - I am fully aware it doesn't work that why....but it's A LOT WORSE !

Then you're bragging that for 31 games since Stubbs left was a MASSIVE 2.03 GOALS CONCEDED PER GAME - AND THAT'S GOOD !.....WOOD at the centre of defence a lot of that time too !

No I could have organised them better than that ' But Wood would NOT be playing.

And you compare that pathetic record against the first 13 games of the season.....after :....

A late pre-season....

A brand new squad....

A new manager that's assessing his new players including the ones he inherited !
    ( Warnsey is best it mates - he should be able to put a defence together )

NO - Sorry if I missed one - I think you get the gist of it.....

6 - 0 TO ME.....UTM

I'm sure you're match fixing friendly referee will back you up - but facts are facts and yours are simply incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    And I thought you were asleep...lol

Cayton - they say a good scorer card marker is always better than a good player.....hardly 6 - 0.....as no goals have been scored today .....

The stats and your reading needs brushing up as apples measured against oranges is creative accounting indeed.

Over half a season Warne hasn't been good yet you blame a whole season on someone who hasn't been in charge.

The managers job is to affect play and Warne's hasn't.....Stubbs - given the same honeymoon period would have ' like he rebuilt Hibs.

My opinion but I appreciate the time you took....albeit the mathematics / stats are concerning.....

I bet you enjoyed that....good debate and no rudeness......good on you!
    Who signed the majority of the dross this season and took the team to a hotel pitch in Poland as pre season training ?, Warne has had a impossible Job even Jacket did not want it after seeing the **** he had inherited. Stubbs is to blame I tried my best while he was hear to stick by him but in the end he caused all this **** deserved the sack. He's no club legend or had any affiliation to the club, so why do you love him so much?, is it cos you feel it makes you look like you have superior football knowledge ?. I'm sorry but you don't and I'll guess with the possession comments you have never played the game at any level ?, If you play to 30 % possession football you will lose a lot more games than you win at this level. The reason our lads look nakered and never score in a second half is cos there ****ed due to chasing the ball all game against much better players.

Oh no.....do your own research....but this might help.....some snippets available if you look.....Stubbs and others telling a bit of the story.....There's much more but for now.....

"Everything I had at Hibs — the right structure, the right people there — I found I didn’t have at Rotherham,” he says. “Right from the very start I didn’t have the right feel about the club. The budget there was one of the lowest in the league and 60% of it was already spent by the time I got to work on a new team. Then I missed out on some signings and was forced to gamble late on free tranisfers, when most of the better ‘frees’ had already been snapped up. I was left having to pull rabbits out of a hat.

Stubbs has made all of his own luck.

When he took over, Hibs were at rock bottom. Relegation had been an eviscerating experience and if Stubbs could find a player still standing after the big summer cull there wasn’t much hope left in his eyes.

ive got a feeling Lennon will walk if we go up, id take Stubbs back in a second......

Stubbs had bugger all money to fill all the gaps left by Warnocks cull.

What do you get when A LOT of players need buying with a small budget....YOU HAVE TO SPREAD YOUR JAM THIN!

So average players - Stubbs had to get loans and what was left of freebies as "The best were gone"

AND...

With 60% of wage bill paying for expensive OLD old fashioned defenders you get a manager that is PLATTING WATTER.

And he needed at least one window to get rid of the dross he inherited and choose appropriate replacements.

It's not rocket science - the guy rebuilt Hibs and very nearly got the double in his first year ( he started with 6 pro's )

Lennon gave him appreciation for doing a lot of the groundwork for this year's success.. and Hibs fans say Stubbs football was more entertaining.

You're a liar and a joker, lbj. Hibs fans have never said that. Most were glad to see the back of the loser and the final unarguable point is surely that he has not exactly been snapped up.

I can't believe you guys are still trying to argue with the nob head that is lbj.

I think 1,727 posts pretty much saying the same sh!te is proof he ain't going to change his tune any time soon.

Never said "that".....

Well - whatever "that" is....all I have posted are quotes from Hibs - mad site .

I've said on Frogs fiction reading that fact is always more exciting than fiction - but you have to search out the evidence - seek and you will find !

I'm intrigued to find out what "that" is....not good writing for others to follow tat Monty... and there is no need to be rude....!

Thrybergh.....you say our players are knackered in the second half because they're chasing the opposition.

We'll that's precisely why playing deep and defending well ( parking the bus ) works. When Stubbs was here - many said:

Stubbs team can't tackle...

Stubbs teams not allowed to tackle....

Stubbs teams are crap because we get low possession...

Well look on U-TUBE for:

"Parking the bus" when Chelsea won at Liverpool 0 - 2.....Shearer is narrating the one I mean DON'T WATCH THE JOKE ONES.

ALSO FIND...

Burnley v Liverpool - where Burnley beat Liverpool with 28% of the possession ...

&

Liverpool v Palace - where Palace beat Liverpool with only 28% of possession.

Notice how all the above examples of the art of "Parking the bus" don't chase the ball - in fact they concede possession and defend deep - but break quickly and score.

This saves the players getting knackered and gives the "underdogs" ( Burnley - Palace & Chelsea at the time ) a chance to beat better teams. And we did the same at Huddersfield only for a cheeting referee to give then a winning goal after Huddersfield handballed in midfield !

There have been many examples in the championship and Premiership this year - not my tactic but a good one to have in any teams tactics bag........

A123....history is history and I'm not re-writing it so MM can be a unanimous set of Rotherham fans.....we disagree on many points....

These are just my opinions....ignore as is your want young man.....

It passes half an hour on....

To be fair a123 it's hard not to argue with this bloke, he's now started hijacking completely unconnected threads with his Stubbs love in.

Anyway back to the original thread. All this he's signing today, next week, this Thursday, next week, this Tuesday, next Tuesday crap is really pissing me off! I don't even want the guy! It's like we're being kept on tenterhooks to be underwhelmed.

Just dropped in and the same is been posted on here.
    Every thread ruined by someone clearly intent on pissing everyone off.

The mods do **** all as usual.

Myself and a few other who have been to Preston today don't come on here much for that reason.

But that's his plan so it's working.

How he can get away with this is just ridiculous.

Just debating various opions regarding history. Everyone's has their own theories on what's happened this season....but it's been the most disappointing season mainly due to - for me - anti social media - because you get drawn into "discussions" with folk that don't debate - they argue - and if you have a different view - and stick to it - you get threats and hostility - and mob rule takes over.

That's just people being people!

This seasons been over before it started in my opinion due to underfunding - but there was a cunning plan 'A' that's been started before and cut short - plan 'B' was throwing money at it - and that was never going to happen!

We have some good young footballers on reasonable contracts that will grace league one.....and with the right guidance they should do well.

It's that guidance I'm fearful about - but if the infrastructure is being built then a couple of years in "fallow" won't go amiss!

The championship could have been rescued this year despite it being tough but in my opinion it was doable - and I'm bitterly disappointed about how this seasons panned out - such a waste - and much of the problem has been sheer ignorance - in the knowledgeable sense - particularly within the club. That's best case scenario btw !

The players are honest lads and have worked hard but they've not had the managerial guidance they needed.

That's it for me - I'm off to forget - as well as I can - about this crappy season. I think I've put my opinions across - and I've tried to get as much information
    I can from various sources.....
    ( and shared it ) - in order to form those opinions. That's how you do it.

Gardening leave for me now - and if I switch this bloody machine on again I'll be angry with myself....

Happy honeymoon to 'Trial & Error'

UTM....

I just scroll past his Stubbs posts, simples. Everyone knows that facts prove that Stubbs is totally useless as a manager, I doubt he'll ever get a chance to fail for the third time.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast