+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Richie Barker to start on Tuesday

Richie Barker to start on Tuesday

The worst kept secret is almost official. http://itsmillerstime.co.uk/richie-b...am-on-tuesday/

If anybody finds our lost ambition please return to Tony Stewart c/o Rotherham United Football Club... Or should that be Rotherham United Old Boys FC.

Oh, well, can't say I'm over-excited by the prospect (haven't been for 5 or 6 years now!) but I am resigned to it. At least Barker should bring some current knowledge of League 1 and can't possibly be the worst appointment we've made in recent years...

Good luck to the pair of them, they're sure going to need a good helping.

Which Tuesday?

"Trial & Error" Tuesday !

Full renewals from our family and I wish the two well....and a happy honeymoon !

90 minutes to do the right things in 3 thirds of the pitch that have different rules associated with them.

Get those rules drilled into the squad - get them fit properly ( scientifically ) so hammy's / tendons are subtle and robust.

Make them fit enough for 100 minutes of battle and keep the game "simple" then I'll be happy for our team.

What I worry is the tactical breakdown of the opponents Strengths & Weaknesses - therefore - Opportunities & Threats that have been sadly lacking since November!

We have been out-thought vertually every second half when "experienced" managers have tweaked formations / tactics.....and beaten us A LOT.

It's not rocket science and like BIG SAM said - he had more knowledge of the game than his players did - he was supported by his board and they are safe now....Having recently beaten
    Liverpool 1 - 2 with only 28% Possession.

We unfortunately didn't have a board that could have supported a manager during very similar circumstances....and now like begins in league one ( third division )
    .....on ....."Trial & Error" Tuesday !

Good luck boys ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    "Trial & Error" Tuesday !

Full renewals from our family and I wish the two well....and a happy honeymoon !

90 minutes to do the right things in 3 thirds of the pitch that have different rules associated with them.

Get those rules drilled into the squad - get them fit properly ( scientifically ) so hammy's / tendons are subtle and robust.

Make them fit enough for 100 minutes of battle and keep the game "simple" then I'll be happy for our team.

What I worry is the tactical breakdown of the opponents Strengths & Weaknesses - therefore - Opportunities & Threats that have been sadly lacking since November!

We have been out-thought vertually every second half when "experienced" managers have tweaked formations / tactics.....and beaten us A LOT.

It's not rocket science and like BIG SAM said - he had more knowledge of the game than his players did - he was supported by his board and they are safe now....Having recently beaten
    Liverpool 1 - 2 with only 28% Possession.

We unfortunately didn't have a board that could have supported a manager during very similar circumstances....and now like begins in league one ( third division )
    .....on ....."Trial & Error" Tuesday !

Good luck boys ! ! !
    You make me laugh.
    We've been out-thought virtually every second half (and first half for that matter) since August starting with the first game against Wolves.
    Our problems started way before November although that was when Tony Stewart officially chucked the towel in.

Why would he leave to become assistant here? Manager I could understand.

I was being kind to PW

We blathered Wolves and Vaulks summed it up....

"We got bored of having the ball"

They should have played along the back line and bored the pants out of Wolves and us but 3 points are worth that.

Individual errors caused their goals which is a common theme about this season

Mellow - I've won the AS shouldn't have been sacked debate hands down...his tactics of low possession and Ward scoring 1 / 2 games has also been proven - only the other day by Palace 1 - 2 v Liverpool and only 28% Possession.

KJ & PW have played the crap OLD - old fashioned defenders that AS dropped and guess what - the goals kept flying in the wrong end but Ward / we stopped scoring!

They should be gone but they're probably getting new contracts...no wonder they wanted Stubbs out because under him they were toast.....and he was right.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Why would he leave to become assistant here? Manager I could understand.
    According to a report I read, Barker & another coach were leaving Charlton at the end of the season, so be hopes the Miller's haven't been duped into paying compensation, so reading between the lines Barker was getting the bullet at the end of the season, or his contract was up, which ever, Charlton didn't want him.

Charlton to name Lee Bowyer has assistant manager to Karl Robinson, so looks like Barker leaving was on the cards earlier.

So we're getting a Charlton reject....

That's good - no compo'

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast