+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fao kempo

Fao kempo

What do you know about Usher syndrome and Parkinson's Disease?

Think I may have both.

I have never seen a case of Usher syndrome so it's outside my expertise but a quick read up would seem that unless you have had problems since childhood and or a family history then it's unlikely.

The retinitis pigmentosa is characteristic and relatively easy to diagnose by your doctor or an optician.

As I say at first thought it would seem very unlikely but I don't know your history so as always talk to your GP.

Parkinson's disease is more my field as I have looked after plenty of patients.

It does have several classic signs which are tremor..this is a particular type of tremor usually ie pill rolling..imagine rolling a pill between your thumb and index finger fairly fast and that's the tremor!.....

Not so well known is mobility problems..slow movement with stop starts and a shuffling sort of gait

Loss of facial expression with a rather miserable look similar to myself is another sign.

The above are the main features that I come across but there are others less obvious.

Again you should talk to your GP..diagnosis and initiation of treatment should be by a neurologist always.

Remember benign tremor is quite common in older people and this is far less troublesome so don't equate tremor with must be Parkinson's.

See your own GP to discuss but if you need anything explaining or any other help then I am happy to oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    I have never seen a case of Usher syndrome so it's outside my expertise but a quick read up would seem that unless you have had problems since childhood and or a family history then it's unlikely.

The retinitis pigmentosa is characteristic and relatively easy to diagnose by your doctor or an optician.

As I say at first thought it would seem very unlikely but I don't know your history so as always talk to your GP.

Parkinson's disease is more my field as I have looked after plenty of patients.

It does have several classic signs which are tremor..this is a particular type of tremor usually ie pill rolling..imagine rolling a pill between your thumb and index finger fairly fast and that's the tremor!.....

Not so well known is mobility problems..slow movement with stop starts and a shuffling sort of gait

Loss of facial expression with a rather miserable look similar to myself is another sign.

The above are the main features that I come across but there are others less obvious.

Again you should talk to your GP..diagnosis and initiation of treatment should be by a neurologist always.

Remember benign tremor is quite common in older people and this is far less troublesome so don't equate tremor with must be Parkinson's.

See your own GP to discuss but if you need anything explaining or any other help then I am happy to oblige.

You're a good man Kempo

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You're a good man Kempo
    Or a liar and a fake making illegal claims on a public message board.

The jury is out!

Or a liar and a fake making illegal claims on a public message board.

The jury is out!
    And Zil still hasn't asked why you repeatedly told everyone on MM he was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    And Zil still hasn't asked why you repeatedly told everyone on MM he was dead.
    Zil fully realises that eventually I will be correct on this matter.

If he is not concerned re this matter then I do not know why others should be.

To my knowledge he has never even mentioned it.

Zil fully realises that eventually I will be correct on this matter.
    You were a bit more specific than that though ... you told us that he was a dead RACEHORSE!

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    You were a bit more specific than that though ... you told us that he was a dead RACEHORSE!
    Zilzal is a dead racehorse and he died exactly where I said he did as monty will confirm.

I am baffled by posts and posters on here.

Zilzal is more than happy with my posts about him so the mock concern is simply mischievous.

Zilzal is a dead racehorse and he died exactly where I said he did as monty will confirm.

I am baffled by posts and posters on here.

Zilzal is more than happy with my posts about him so the mock concern is simply mischievous.
    Where have I ever expressed "concern", mock or otherwise, about Zil? As he several times expressed a desire to have me terminated I was quite relieved when he told us he was suffering from a terminal illness. This now appears less serious and with you on the case I am sure he'll live to a ripe old age. Perhaps you and he can even meet up again with IBS as you famously did at the Blades match - even though none of you have apparently ever met. Hmm. A conundrum that one.

Your recent good mood is deserting you monty so I hope things are ok with yourself.

I always start my day with a small prayer to the universe...'this day help me to not be angry and to harm no living creature'

I find it helps...Use it if you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast