Get your very own personalised Blades Board gifts!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: A massive well done

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,514

    A massive well done

    To Son of Brian for keepin Burton up,like him or loathe him that's a brilliant achievement.WELL DONE NIGEL.UTCB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15,422
    Yep well done to him, it's some achievement.

    I'm not totally surprised. I think trying to keep a team like Burton in the Championship probably ticked all the boxes for his management style. Zero expectations, permanent underdog and 'we start with a point' mentality is what he's good at. He wouldn't get away with it at a bigger club, but just like us in in our cup games under him it can be very effective.

    I expect another club will have a punt and sign him next season and Burton will do a Rotherham, but he deserves Championship manager of the season for me. There's not a stand out at the other end.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,514
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Yep well done to him, it's some achievement.

    I'm not totally surprised. I think trying to keep a team like Burton in the Championship probably ticked all the boxes for his management style. Zero expectations, permanent underdog and 'we start with a point' mentality is what he's good at. He wouldn't get away with it at a bigger club, but just like us in in our cup games under him it can be very effective.

    I expect another club will have a punt and sign him next season and Burton will do a Rotherham, but he deserves Championship manager of the season for me. There's not a stand out at the other end.
    Fair comments Gray, i hope Tricky Trevor comes on BM to take a bow. UTB

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9,591
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Fair comments Gray, i hope Tricky Trevor comes on BM to take a bow. UTB
    GB's post sums it up well.

    Little man with little ambition lives up to little expectations at a little club.

    He's found his level and I am sure trevor will be along to tell us how well he's done, how he set up SUFC to be CHAMPIONS .............

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,514
    Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    GB's post sums it up well.

    Little man with little ambition lives up to little expectations at a little club.

    He's found his level and I am sure trevor will be along to tell us how well he's done, how he set up SUFC to be CHAMPIONS .............
    Say what tha wants he's done brilliantly to keep Burton up TT.At least tha dint mention our Leader for a change. Easy win for Yorkshire over Scabshire in't One day cup.UTB

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9,591
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Say what tha wants he's done brilliantly to keep Burton up TT.At least tha dint mention our Leader for a change. Easy win for Yorkshire over Scabshire in't One day cup.UTB
    It's also factually true Rod.

    What is he 5foot 7 and Burton is a small club etc etc.............

    Apparently Billy applauded brother Joe's 50 enthusiastically but wasn't so happy when Joe carted him over the ropes to win the game.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Say what tha wants he's done brilliantly to keep Burton up TT.At least tha dint mention our Leader for a change. Easy win for Yorkshire over Scabshire in't One day cup.UTB
    An amazing job with his budget well done to boring Nigel

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    624
    Thanks Rodders pleased you have made promotion and champions too, nice for you to play top clubs again yep Clough done it again made a club better than when he arrived,Nice to visit Bramall lane again
    Still see the negative nellies waiting to pounce.Wont take Burton up--- Automatic promotion.
    Soon be back in div 1--Wrong again .I am happy for all the nice Blades fans,who can move away from village mentality.
    Enjoy next season,.Sunderland coming to your place, best wishes ,Oh please give us the beard back next season.
    Been brilliant

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,514
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor1946 View Post
    Thanks Rodders pleased you have made promotion and champions too, nice for you to play top clubs again yep Clough done it again made a club better than when he arrived,Nice to visit Bramall lane again
    Still see the negative nellies waiting to pounce.Wont take Burton up--- Automatic promotion.
    Soon be back in div 1--Wrong again .I am happy for all the nice Blades fans,who can move away from village mentality.
    Enjoy next season,.Sunderland coming to your place, best wishes ,Oh please give us the beard back next season.
    Been brilliant
    I think you've a good chance of keepin THE BEARD now you've stayed up Trevor.What's Irvine been like for ya this season? UP THE CHAMPION BLADES.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    624
    Irvine a good hard working player,tall and athletic,might just beat Brayford to player of the year .Scored double figures for the first time in his career ,A snip at 350,000. Macfadzine also been a rock in defence.Problem with a small club 5,000 gates.
    Cannot afford to keep class players,With Sheff Utd being a big club and doing so well this year ,next year the Championship holds no fears ,Even Wed do well. ,Well done again,Champions at last . Blackburn-=Forest=Birmingham,one has to go,
    Burton hope they hold on to Clough me thinks Forest is the only job he will take,and Warberton should be given time.,So it is with great pleasure---A relegation battle again in 2017/2018.with 3000 fans how can we fail.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •