+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wednesday Playoffs 2017

Wednesday Playoffs 2017

So proud of the way Wednesday have got themselves into this position.
    Water under the bridge now, but how much have injuries cost us this year

My choice, Hudds in semis...Reading in final (they took 6 pts off us...though we had weak lineups in both games)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestripe View Post
    So proud of the way Wednesday have got themselves into this position.
    Water under the bridge now, but how much have injuries cost us this year

My choice, Hudds in semis...Reading in final (they took 6 pts off us...though we had weak lineups in both games)
    Its a great run we've had and I'll hold my hand up and admit I doubted Carlos but he's proved me wrong
    Not really bothered who we play we're in form and have the strongest squad if we turn up were going up !

Quote Originally Posted by dmb View Post
    Its a great run we've had and I'll hold my hand up and admit I doubted Carlos but he's proved me wrong
    Not really bothered who we play we're in form and have the strongest squad if we turn up were going up !
    When you think back, it's amazing Carlos has got us to a higher position/points total than last year (a year we'd all say was successful) with some of the gaps in availability or with the players he's had to throw in.
    At Reading in Dec (they were 3rd) our starting strikers...Dave and Lucas Joao - we used George Hirst as a sub late on

Get that meat on BBQ Carlos

^^^^ This Well done Carlos..Its been an amazing turnaround. ..(ps, Long live the "London biased" media thickos, who will one day, have to suck it up, and give us an ounce of credit.) GO ON FULHAM..ITS YOURS TO LOSE. ;-)

I think most of us did. It's an amazing turnaround and even Carlos himself has upped his game - switching to 4-3-3 against Derby when we went 1-0 down was a masterstroke!

I don't fear any of the teams in the play-offs to be honest. Huddersfield would be the obvious preference but I'm not keen on playing at 12:00pm on a Sunday so I'd take third place if we can.

It's another season of improvement and if we don't do it this year, I'm pretty confident that we'll be challenging for automatic promotion next season.

Exciting times ahead.

Great to see Hillsborough full today.
    Thought I was in for a stress-free game, but Mathias put paid to that..

Full squad...and up against our preferred opponent (their gk suspended for 1 game).
    Got such a good feeling about our chances!
    WAWAW

Forget all that went before, it all starts from scratch again now.
    2 really tough games coming up against a side that's been right up there (above WEDNESDAY as well) most of the season.
    I hope the winners of our semi wins the top prize for Yorkshire

Carlos keeps making the right moves.
    My son was disappointed after Fulham game (maxxed out Hillsborough), that we 'conceded' the game to them...fielding 10 changes.
    Course now 46 games are done, had we gone full strength...even beating Fulham 6-0, we'd still be in 4th but would have risked injury/cards ahead of playoffs.
    Today again a clear plan - the only element of which, strikers scoring a breakaway, didn't come off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestripe View Post
    Carlos keeps making the right moves.
    Not when it mattered, just as with the final last season. Needed to be far more positive.

Quote Originally Posted by owlsmad93 View Post
    Not when it mattered, just as with the final last season. Needed to be far more positive.
    Firstly congrats to Hudds, who deserved the win based on way they played over two legs. Will be rooting for em in final.

Poor substitutions when Rhodes came on for Fletch, just before we had a free kick into the box...and Dave coming on

That aside, was obvious how unconfident FF and Rhodes were last night.
    We got nothing like the crosses from Reach or Hunt that strikers need.

I wonder where the line is between CC throwing enough meat on and players not playing well enough.

Course if DC thinks sayonara...doesn't matter what we think.
    Last edited by Bluestripe; 18-05-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)