+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Rush...what next?

I wonder if the report on our financial findings that recently got released had a part to play in Rush facing the axe?

The average pay for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is £91,617 per year. The highest paying skills associated with this job are Strategy Development, Business Strategy, and Strategic Sales. Experience has a moderate effect on salary for this job.

Roughly salary: £40,483 - £179,667

Bonus: £0.00 - £62,635

Profit Sharing: £0.00 - £57,292

Commission: £20,000

Total Pay: £41,617 - £210,765

Who says rush is inline for the tintac anyway? Ok he's been told to stay away for 2 weeks, he might have the flu, he might of had a medical procedure carried out recently, he may be going through a family bereavement or some other crisis

We'll all look foolish if he comes back that's all I'm saying

I think the club would of released a statement on Sam Rush by now, saying "he has a family bereavement or had a medical procedure."

Clubs don't release a statement if there is something much larger going on, that often involves in something fraudulent or an ongoing investigation is taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    The average pay for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is £91,617 per year. The highest paying skills associated with this job are Strategy Development, Business Strategy, and Strategic Sales. Experience has a moderate effect on salary for this job.

Roughly salary: £40,483 - £179,667

Bonus: £0.00 - £62,635

Profit Sharing: £0.00 - £57,292

Commission: £20,000

Total Pay: £41,617 - £210,765
    Another copy and paste job, I'd ignore what it says on payscale.com, football clubs live in a totally different financial world to any other business to might know

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Its our lucky day because contrary to perceived wisdom, this year is the one year when the Club must have released its "once every 3 years" accounts. Funnily enough they did the same for the year to June 2015 so something must be very wrong in the filing room!

Anyway for the year to 30 June 2016 the highest paid director received £ 195,000 including £ 5,000 pension contributions. As there are only two directors then it seems most likely that this is Sam Rush since the other director received no pay at all, and so is probably MM. In the 2015 year this figure was £ 450,000 so it looks like a pay cut took place (or more likely, in the previous year SR received a bonus for bringing MM on board as an investor?). Either way serious sloppy journalism by the Mail.

Secondly my guess is that SR was bought out as part of MM coming in. MM's top level investment vehicle, Sevco 5112 Limited, shows MM as owning 100% of 3,236,298 ordinary share, obtained as part of the purchase of the share capital of Global Derby (UK) Limited from North American Derby Partners LP, which company, via its subsidiary, Gellaw Limited, owned the Club itself. Additionally MM has £ 43 million worth of preference shares in Sevco 5112. No doubt this represents the money used to finance the £ 51 million investment in DCFC equity in 2015-16.

Sevco 5112 bought The Derby County Football Club Limited from Gellaw 101 Limited (ie ultmately the Americans) for £ 60.1 million. In round terms this looks like the £ 47 million investment in Sevco 5112 plus the £ 12 million loan/mortgage on the ground that was "waived"as part of the process.

Sevco 5112 has not yet filed accounts - but due May 2017 so soon!! This will give a clearer view of the big picture.

Whilst researching this I discovered that the nice consistent trading loss which seemingly only went up 50% from £ 10m to £ 15m actually went up by 112% if you ignore the impact of restructuring gains from when MM took over. A £ 12 million exceptional profit came into play when the loan against the stadium was waived,

Our recurring trading loss after amortising the cost of our players is £ 27m for 2016 instead of £ 13m for 2015, so for the current year ended 30 June 2017 I'd hazard a guess at £ 30m loss pa unless any further financial engineering is done. Still at least the stadium is debt free now

This is probably why MM had injected a further £ 29 million between July and November 2016 making his investment up to that date around £ 90 million I reckon.
    Most journalism, but especially by the Mail et al is seriously sloppy Rog. I think your right, the additional money is most likely a bonus, may be based on the clubs performance or for finalising the Morris deal, works out a shade over 10% of the takeover cost so that would tally, or maybe Morris bought Rush's shares? Unless they were part of his salary they would not show up there though!

£195K or thereabouts is about right for a CEO of a club the size of Derby.

Compared to the footballers who are outrageously overpriced and clubs chuck loads of money like there's no tomorrow, they earn more then what the CEO's do and given the fact that, my statement clearly states roughly how much a CEO roughly earns regarding football rise because i checked it all comes under the same paper.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Really? Is football the only industry where a player/employee might be earning two or three times more than the guy in charge/boss who selects/praises/criticises/drops/directs him? Bonkers.
    Nope, in many walks of life some people pick up more than the CEO or person in charge. In football Wenger is on 8 million a year basic I believe. Many of his player will be on that and more.

Few more clarifications:

An unspecified Newcastle Utd Director roughly earns £106,793.

An unspecified Leicester City Director earns £145,000.

Crystal Palace Owners & Directors are unpaid.

An unspecified Watford Director earns £190,000 each year.

Figures released last year on Villa Cheif Executive Tom Fox, takes home £1,250,000 per year.

An unspecified Bournemouth Cheif earns £306,428 each year.

An unspecified Everton Cheif earns £370,000 per year.

An unspecified Southampton Chief earns £512,483 per year.

Swans Chief Huw Jenkins earns
    £550,000 each year.

West Ham's director Karren Brady earns £646,000 per year.

Etc... etc....

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Nope, in many walks of life some people pick up more than the CEO or person in charge. In football Wenger is on 8 million a year basic I believe. Many of his player will be on that and more.
    Read back a bit Swale. I've had my arse kicked already on this one, still at least it got you Roger, Rats and Andy to agree on something for once.
    £8m a year!!! I knew things were absurd but not that insane.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)