+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stats.

Stats.

Under Davis:

25 games - 6 wins, 10 draws, 9 defeats = 28 points

A good September inc some good cup games. Awful November + December. A 5-1 and 4-0 thrashing, no big wins.

Under Dave:

20 games (1 to come) - 7 wins, 3 draws, 10 defeats = 24 points

A mad February! two 4-0 defeats but a 5-0 home win. And a great March.

Goals:

SD - 25 for v 35 against
    DA - 30 for v 32 against

I think for me the biggest difference is the Goals For: 1.0 per game with Davis against 1.5 per game with Artell.

Does this show a greater attacking mentality or just more confidence in the players.
    The Goals Against figures are no surprise as the defence has hardly changed and still no proper full-backs.

The real difference can be seen when you look at the two halves of Davis being in charge this season:

First 13 games - W4 D7 L2 19pts F17 A17 1.46 points per game (approx. 67 points in the season)
    Last 12 games - W2 D3 L7 9pts F7 A17 0.75 points per game- keep that up for the rest of the season would have left us on about 44 points, one more than Hartlepool have . .

DA took over a team on the slide, lacking in confidence etc

Nice to see the stats from all and it show that we as a club need to move some players on and bring the right ones that will make a difference all over.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust View Post
    Nice to see the stats from all and it show that we as a club need to move some players on and bring the right ones that will make a difference all over.
    Yep. It defo says one thing or another. It is either poor management or poor players.....

Funny as SD said they were not good enough or mentally up to it.

My take on the stats is the players, or the mix of players, isn't right. And imagine if we'd had no Cooke!! But that shows what the right none-SD player can do.

Time for a good shake-up and some lads in that want to be footballers each Saturday.

As only one player in the defence is currently under contract the rest can be let go as they have not improved over the past few years. They may be cheap to employ but they are not the standard that we require.The defence has been a major problem for the past few years and we need to invest in good quality players. Our current players might think they are good enough but the stats say otherwise

but to let too many go runs the risk of not finding anyone any better.

I think that the improvement shown in the midfield and up front under Artell has been encouraging. I know that the on loan Cooke and Bowery (some wont agree) have been partly responsible for that, but it also true that our own players have shown well too. The defence (bar the 'keeper) is another matter but the manager seems encouraged by the improvement of Ray and the promise of Ng so, whilst 2 or 3 new recruits at the back are essential I don't think it's all bad for next season.

I suppose it depends if the fans are happy with a season of consolidation or what a real run at promotion. I reckon there's plenty of promise and improvement in Cooper, Ainley, Jones, Wintle and others to be optimistic for a decent season (assuming a strengthened defence) and, if that improvement is as significant as we've seen from our youngsters in the past, better than that. I definitely don't see us doing as badly as the last campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    but to let too many go runs the risk of not finding anyone any better.
    He who dares wins Rodney.

Can't keep watching crap based on just that theory! Managers and Boards job to sort it. Got to be same rules for Artell as there were for Davis?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast