+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: All your Runors here...Barry/Kodija / Xia

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Gabby was given the captains armband and it obvious to me Bruce will give him a chance because Gabby is fit and working hard. Like it or not Gabby will be starting most games or coming on with 30 to go. i honestly think Gabby will have a very good season. I'm hoping Hogan does too but I believe in earning the right to ware the shirt and obviously some of you don't because you include hogan in your 1st 11 based on nothing.
    For some reason I quite like Gabby and I really hope he has a good season in any role SB thinks fit for him. At the end of the day he plays for Villa. But you have to admit Bongo his goal return for a striker over the years has been pretty abysmal. My hopes aren't high. Hogan on the other hand scored quite a lot of goals last season albeit not for us. He has huge potential which is why he was in my team.

Btw, you and Freer have now squabbled for 12 pages on one thread. I think that's a new record!

Sorry Picasso,

I have Coulrophobia

Bongo’s perpetual “bigging Agonawol up” triggers a psychosomatic response

Hogan merits a starting place because he got 21 goals in 35 games. Gabby doesn't warrant a start because he got 25 goals in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Gabby doesn't warrant a start because he got 25 goals in 5 years.
    I am stunned he scored so many Sam ?

Why would anyone contemplate paying him £2,860,000 a year

Answers to Professor Screw-Loose head of Psychiatric Research c/o Blubbery Hill Mental Hospital

Not sure if Gabby will fit into the starting 11 of one team but last night he did look good, got to give it to him, smart header and looks in better shape than the new Lardy in Ross Mac. Boy oh Boy he has been tucking away the battered mars bars!!

ps Johnstone in Tomorrow, leaked photo of him in villa top tonight! Now for GB?

So Gabby is better than Hogan because he didn't score in a pre season friendly game yesterday ? Never mind that he scored about 15 times as many goals as Gabby last season.

Bongo, your logic or lack thereof is mind blowing.

How many did he score for us though.

Guys, Its a new season and the slate is clean!

#Ross Mac...last chance but is a very clever player, if he gets his head together he will become a very good squad player

#Gabby....the Enigma, has failed to show for his beloved club apart from 10 mins against the sha for the last 4 years but a good start pre season, looks fit but boy oh boy he has such a lot to prove, he is in his last year of his contract and will be looking for an extension. He will not cut it at any other club so has to prove himself this season, may be the surprize package, if he is we will all be saying sorry to our Bongo!

#Hogan....Well like so many of us, wanted him in as his youtube clips looked fantastic, built like a brick 5hit house, big things are expected of him, needs an injury free season and SB to play a system that suits him.

before we know it, we will be 6 games in and hopefully these 3 will be banging the goals in while we have the Koj chomping at the bit. Could be good, we all could be right and be winners.

I agree with all that Dave. I'm not knocking Hogan and I hope he comes good. All I'm saying is you need to earn the right to ware the shirt. Hogan and McCormack has done nothing so far to justify the price tag or where the shirt despite both being good for other clubs.
    If Gabby gets fat again and becomes lazy I would want him in the bench as well.
    However bruse gave him a last chance and with some good man management he's took the bull by the horns. Let's just get behind the lad is all I ask. He's shown in several games last season he can cause mayhem at this level.

Same number as fatty

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)