+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Players do you Think will leave this summer?

Something major like Wayne Shaw eating a meat pie on the bench for Sutton United, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Some good observations Swaley.

I think, if possible, the following will be sold / let go:

Christie
    Olssen
    Hughes
    Weimann
    Shackell
    Camara

I doubt any of the above would have any real impact on us in terms of quality, just depth.

Martin is an interesting one, I would expect it to be a last minute deal if it happens. Vydra being the other possibility. Between these 2 there is at least 1 big sale to be made.
    A fair assessment Adi except I would add Blackman to your list. Derby selling Hughes and Martin - imagine the gnashing of teeth that would have caused had Paul Clement tried it 2 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    A fair assessment Adi except I would add Blackman to your list. Derby selling Hughes and Martin - imagine the gnashing of teeth that would have caused had Paul Clement tried it 2 years ago!
    Very true RR. Can't see us keeping Martin along with Bent and Nugent. He must be more saleable than Vydra just at the moment although long term I'm still optimistic about Vydra.
    Blackman surely has to go but can't see how we avoid a loss on that one.
    Wouldn't sell Hughes...still very young and another one who's suffered from ever changing management and coaching virtually throughout his career, could be brilliant in a settled and confident side imo.
    Note Ince isn't on Adi's list. Seems frustrating and excellent in equal measure...not sure, but at least we'd make a profit on him. Butterfield is another absentee from Adi's list, can't see anything but another loss or is he worth keeping?

My own list would remove everyone except Carson, perhaps my judgement isn't best haha.

I think that Rowett might see Blackman as an option to explore when he is back fit which is why I think he'll stay. On Ince, he's our top goal scorer, and there aren't many as good as him at changing / winning a game, I think Rowett will believe he can get more from him despite his inconsistency.

It will be exciting this summer to see who goes rather than who comes in!

Poor Clement, he saw the problem straight away with our squad.

I'm thinking.....

Roos
    Christie
    Olson
    Butterfield
    Hughes? Hope not but have a feeling
    Camara
    Weimann
    One of Bent or Vydra I reckon too
    Shackell? but tbh I doubt it, unless he's a bit of a Nob head.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Some good observations Swaley.

I think, if possible, the following will be sold / let go:

Christie
    Olssen
    Hughes
    Weimann
    Shackell
    Camara

I doubt any of the above would have any real impact on us in terms of quality, just depth.

Martin is an interesting one, I would expect it to be a last minute deal if it happens. Vydra being the other possibility. Between these 2 there is at least 1 big sale to be made.
    I must confess to having forgotten about Weimann, be interesting to see what happens there.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Except that it is not an actual point. The FA investigation surrounds a conflict of interest in Wassall jr role at Derby and as a scout at Wasserman, according to what I see in the Mail online, which I guess is where you sourced your post. That does not justify referring to a well respected media agency as corrupt in a public forum.

We have done a comparatively large number of deals with Wasserman during the Rush era but that is no surprise as our CEO has long standing contacts there. The basis of these deals may or may not be under review by the Club or others but that in no way gives you grounds to describe them as corrupt.

I believe you will be best advised to retract your earlier post or be prepared to support your allegations with facts. Read carefully what the original source material says and note that it sticks to limited facts, it does not act as judge and jury.

In the fullness of time your allegation of corruption MIGHT be shown to be accurate, who knows, stranger things have happened, but for now I would keep your opinions for private consumption, not a public forum.

But as you never heed anyone else's advice, it wont happen, will it? Just once in your life try eating humble pie. It can be cathartic. I know since I too was a gobby self opinionated **** myself when I was 17. Some would say I still am �� but I have learned to listen with my ears and not my mouth.

I'd have thought that this little episode might just make the MODS nervous, unsubstantiated allegations are dangerous ground to be on!

As for you being gobby and self opinionated Rog, nah more a subtle sarcasm with a touch of dry wit, laced with intelligent observation you cocky git!

Awwww love you too Swaley

I can not say this is totally accurate but this is info on players contracts that is publicly available, no idea of the date of this info though.

Keepers
    Jonathan Mitchell…….......….2019 (joined 2014)
    Scott Carson........................2019 (Joined 2015)
    Kelle Roos……………….......2018 (joined 2014 new deal 2015)

Full Backs
    Cyrus Christie……………....2017 (joined 2014) - poss 1 year extension to 2018?
    Chris Baird .....................2017 + 1 year option (joined 2015)
    Craig Forsyth…………………2018 (joined 2013 - extension 2014)
    Max Lowe......................2019..(Signed fist pro contract 2015)
    Marcus Olsson ...............2020 (joined Jan 2016)

Center Halves
    Richard Keogh…………….....2019 (joined 2012 Extension 2014 and 2016)
    Alex Pearce ......................2018 (joined 2015)
    Jason Shackell.................2018 (joined 2015)
    Farrand Rawson...............2018

Midfield
    George Thorne…………........2018 (joined 2014)
    Will Hughes…………..….........2020
    Craig Bryson. ………......…....2019 (joined 2011 extension 2014)
    Jacob Butterfield...............2019 (joined 2015)
    Bradley Johnson................2019 (Joined 2015)
    Jamie Hanson ……………......2019
    Ikechi Anya...........................2020 (joined 2016)

Forwards
    Darren Bent .........................2017 plus 1 year option (joined 2015)
    Johnny Russell…………...….....2018 (joined 2013)
    Chris Martin……………….......….2018 (joined 2013 extension 2014) believe has been extended since?
    Andreas Weimann................2019 (joined 2015)
    Tom Ince................................2019 (Joined 2015)
    Nick Blackman .....................2019 (Joined January 2016)
    Abdoul Camara.....................2019 (joined January 2016)
    Matej Vydra...........................2020 (joined 2016)
    David Nugent .......................2020 (joined 2017)
    Last edited by swaledale; 04-05-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Thought I'd pop this back up to the top as excitement mounts!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)