+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hun self delusion continues

I still find it incredible that we've been so poor and have finished 3rd comfortably and still could tie on points for 2nd. The standard is utterly dreadful in Scotland.

Eh???

I think the standard of football in Scotland has been pretty good and can speak for most team in the Premiership. I honestly think and not because it's ranjiz but they have been one of the poorer teams in the league. You may laugh but they have been cr@p to watch. Yes they have beaten us twice this season how? Fk nose but we hope to beast them at ibroke next midweek.

Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    I think the standard of football in Scotland has been pretty good and can speak for most team in the Premiership. I honestly think and not because it's ranjiz but they have been one of the poorer teams in the league. You may laugh but they have been cr@p to watch. Yes they have beaten us twice this season how? Fk nose but we hope to beast them at ibroke next midweek.
    I sincerely hope you do... but comfortably third? With a bit of luck their last game against St J will decide that...

This fkn lot think he's worth 750,000!!!! Fkn get a grip of Yir sells min ya frickin dream on fkwitz

http://forum.followfollow.com/showth...f-(65-Viewing)

Perception and a sense of proportion are probably the two biggest things that Rangers need right now. To some within the vast Rangers' support, now is not a good time to be a fan of this veritable Scottish institution. To them, I say this.
    Football goes in cycles and at the moment, a smaller club in the city of Glasgow is enjoying a little bit of local success.
    Aided and abetted by a compliant media, all sorts of outrageous claims are being made about Celtic. Again a bit of perspective is needed. They lost 7-0 to a Barcelona team who were eliminated before the semi-finals in the CL, the same Barcelona who saw their title wrested from them by royalist Real Madrid.
    But I digress, before being demolished by the Catalans, Celtic were beaten in the qualifying stages by a pub team (all of whom were British citizens!) from a place which has fewer inhabitants than Methill!
    Tomorrow Celtic will be presented the tainted trophy after presumably tanning a Hearts team managed by a young laddie who should be safely locked away in his bedroom with his computer and video games. This is Scottish football 2017.
    Let's remind ourselves of some basic facts. Rangers has a much bigger fan base than Celtic. That is a fact. The city of Glasgow kind of distorts this fact as the green and grey hordes inhabit the ghettoes of Glasgow and not much elsewhere.
    As you move east from Glasgow to Lanarkshire, the green turd skitters itself away, so by the time you get to West Lothian, it is nothing more than an emerald skid mark. Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, Stirling have virtually no Celtic supporters, whereas Rangers supporters abound in these places. Ayrshire, Dumfries, and the Highlands are teeming with bears. Numbers mean power and in the long run, Rangers will always hold the upper hand. Our problem right now is down to pure financial mismanagement by previous 'owners'. That of course can and will be addressed.

Away from Scotland there has been the outrageous claim that Celtic has world wide appeal. Really? Celtic's world fan base is intimately linked with the existence of Irish bars, if there are Irish bars there is a Celtic support, if not there is no Celtic support. As for the 'Irishness" of these bars, well I'll hedge my bets that they are not Irish bars in the sense that very few Irish people drink in them, work in them and even fewer actually own them! They are simply a world wide phenomenon which has exploded in the last twenty years or so. From a Celtic support, this matters not a jot. The mere sighting of an Irish tricolour is an enough to attract them like flies to a jobbie and create a Celtic (pub) C.S.C. On the surface, there would seem to be loads of them jotted across the globe , upon closer investigation all is not what it seems, something of a metaphor for Celtic f.c. I was in New York several years ago and went early doors to watch a Rangers game, they had it on in a Celtic pub opposite the Empire State Building. First I was amazed how many bears where there and for a pub that boasts hosting a huge CSC there was very little evidence of any connection with Celtic f.c.

So, forget tomorrow's nonsense at the fibre glass stadium and see the picture. If they were truly as big as they claim , they would have buried us given our recent difficulties off the field. They didn't and we are back. I really did not expect us to mount any serious challenge this year, next year might be also the same. However, our mere presence rankles them and they know deep down that once recovered financially we will be after them, with normal business being resumed. I leave you with this fact, last year under hopeless Ronnie even when they won a double, there crowds were consistently lower than ours and we were in a lower division.
    What does that tell you?
    I think we all know the answer!

Aye - you're a delusional hun prlck with an extreme case of reality denial.
    You're shlte.
    Get back in your fkn box you erse.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)