+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: final day predictions

well thats it - pretty much as expected.

Not the end of the world, its my old third division, so no big deal for me personally.
    BUT, its down to Venkys and they're still here for now. But yes for us to survive financially they're the necessary evil.
    I see TM says they've not been in contact re this decisive w'end, mmm nothing new there!
    In addition the guys 'piece' in Mail on Sun (covering the first two glorious years of Venkys ownership) again nothing eye wateringly revealing there either!
    Question now is what next ???

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    well thats it - pretty much as expected.

Not the end of the world, its my old third division, so no big deal for me personally.
    BUT, its down to Venkys and they're still here for now. But yes for us to survive financially they're the necessary evil.
    I see TM says they've not been in contact re this decisive w'end, mmm nothing new there!
    In addition the guys 'piece' in Mail on Sun (covering the first two glorious years of Venkys ownership) again nothing eye wateringly revealing there either!
    Question now is what next ???
    Indeed that is the question, Despair. As I said in the post above, I just had an ominous feeling that things wouldn't go our way today...it's been that kind of season. So close in the end, but too many matches where we threw points away in the final 15 minutes.
    I am not sure I would blame individual players; it seems to me there has just been a collective lack of confidence and self-belief over the last few years - stemming, of course, from the fact that there has been a sense of living in limbo, in terms of ownership, management and the club's future.
    But - as you say - "What next?"
    Is it possible that there is a viable alternative to Venky's waiting in the wings? How many fingers can we cross at once!!
    Not all gloom, of course. Did you see how exhausted Nyambe was at the end? He covered a staggering amount of ground. We also have a lot of skilful forward players. If we can keep most of them (as well as Mulgrew), and introduce two or three of the youngsters, next season might be a lot more cheerful.
    Obviously, things will be even better if there is a genuine sense of a fresh start...under new ownership.

Just cannot visualise them 'handing over' the club really.
    Which for me means no 'rallying' of support, which I think may just give TM the thought of : why bother when a large portion of the support have given up (on Venkys ).
    In fact I fear that this years die hards will also diminish by a thou or two (hopefully not more though).
    It's hard to imagine just what sort of budget is going to be provided in order to give it a go, given the last two seasons 'investments'.

Just cannot visualise them 'handing over' the club really.
    Which for me means no 'rallying' of support, which I think may just give TM the thought of : why bother when a large portion of the support have given up (on Venkys ).
    In fact I fear that this years die hards will also diminish by a thou or two (hopefully not more though).
    It's hard to imagine just what sort of budget is going to be provided in order to give it a go, given the last two seasons 'investments'.
    I honestly suspect the owners are not giving BRFC very much thought at all any more. It's almost as if they've written us off. As an investment, we are not going to be worth anything in Division One...but perhaps that's where's there's a glimmer of light, as they might just want to put the whole experience behind them.
    I have no idea what that would means as far as the debts are concerned, though. Would the regulations actually allow Venky's to cancel what the club owes them? If not, who the hell is going to step in and take over those debts?!
    Of course, they'll probably prove us all wrong by announcing tomorrow that they are going to continue to support the Club!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I honestly suspect the owners are not giving BRFC very much thought at all any more. It's almost as if they've written us off. As an investment, we are not going to be worth anything in Division One...but perhaps that's where's there's a glimmer of light, as they might just want to put the whole experience behind them.
    I have no idea what that would means as far as the debts are concerned, though. Would the regulations actually allow Venky's to cancel what the club owes them? If not, who the hell is going to step in and take over those debts?!
    Of course, they'll probably prove us all wrong by announcing tomorrow that they are going to continue to support the Club!
    Yes, for them its just a bad dream. Albeit one that is not actually going to bankrupt them, it is simply down to personal embarrassment, which is a major major factor brought on by their 'culture' and escalated by their 'stature' in that culture. They cannot just 'brass it out'.
    Having read again that MoS piece where the guy seems to have had access to them for the first two years or so, (poss not so as time as gone on) I firmly believe there is no remorse or guilt felt by them towards their culpability in our demise. As for their 'customers'? So what.
    If I could sense any regret at all, that would be the glimmer of hope that they eventually 'do the right thing', and sign off the debt (in recompense) and with that make us something like a proposition.

As per usual, as you say, we just have to wait upon the 'royal announcement'.

Look on the bright side folks, Elton Johns playing at Ewood next month

Quote Originally Posted by MillHillRover View Post
    Look on the bright side folks, Elton Johns playing at Ewood next month
    what a gay day that will be ..Are you going Milly ? Get him to sing Rocket man ..lol

Just a good job it's not the Quo......
    With their 'Down down' 😱

Just a good job it's not the Quo......
    With their 'Down down' 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)