+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flight of the Owls

Flight of the Owls

I've written a review of how our season has gone and how I think we'll fare in the play offs.
    If you guys could give it a read and let me know what you think that'd be fantastic.

http://thepenaltyking.blogspot.co.uk...f-owls-vi.html

I'd also like to ask how you think this season has gone? Do you think we need promotion for this to be a successful season?

Hate to be boring but it's gone pretty much like I thought it would.
    Even when we had bad patches I was confident we would come through them.
    Top 6 finish with good and bad patches was my prediction for the season.
    Can't call the play offs as it's a lottery but you can't really be disappointed with 2 top 6 finishes in 2 years

Glad to say I agree.
    I can't believe that some of our fans have complained as if we've taken a step back, as if we're not 7 points better off than we were this time last season...

We've had a brilliant season, as banno says the play offs are a lottery, with luck we might make it out, if we don't go up but improve next season by as much as we have this then automatic should be achievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Greaves28 View Post
    Glad to say I agree.
    I can't believe that some of our fans have complained as if we've taken a step back, as if we're not 7 points better off than we were this time last season...
    To be fair they were only saying that when it was looking like a step back, it took a 20 year record of 6 consec wins to turn it around, which never looked likely before the Rotherham game.

My gut instinct says we will win the playoffs this year. This is the best chance we will ever have of winning the playoffs. A Hudds team in chronic bad form and Reading/Fulham are eminently beatable.

Moaning for moaning's sake..which is unfortunately rife in Sheffield, if not Yorkshire, (Probably due to it being 'Grim up north, Glass half empty)' saps the life out of most.....But its easy to say now, that it was just a bad patch......Carlos was making lots of strange decisions, (Bannan out wide. Bizarre substitutions..Questionable tactics...Pass for passing's sake)..Sections got dissolutioned.. Confidence then took a hit....I think he himself has learned a lot about this division, and the inevitable comedown of a second season, where you are no longer an unknowed quantity, with zero pressure..(Hudds this season)...He has changed tact...We now have a steely resolve...Get the ball forward more quickly..And ultimately do what we need to, to win.....Combine this with the return of injured players, we now look the biz......Under the radar, whilst the other three take the plaudits for the fancy football......Well done CC...You've pleasently suprised me....Egg on faces for the media, hopefully...To all those that kept the faith, I salute you....Afterall, WAWAW.

Quote Originally Posted by micklyons1hardbstd View Post
    Moaning for moaning's sake..which is unfortunately rife in Sheffield, if not Yorkshire, (Probably due to it being 'Grim up north, Glass half empty)' saps the life out of most.....But its easy to say now, that it was just a bad patch......Carlos was making lots of strange decisions, (Bannan out wide. Bizarre substitutions..Questionable tactics...Pass for passing's sake)..Sections got dissolutioned.. Confidence then took a hit....I think he himself has learned a lot about this division, and the inevitable comedown of a second season, where you are no longer an unknowed quantity, with zero pressure..(Hudds this season)...He has changed tact...We now have a steely resolve...Get the ball forward more quickly..And ultimately do what we need to, to win.....Combine this with the return of injured players, we now look the biz......Under the radar, whilst the other three take the plaudits for the fancy football......Well done CC...You've pleasently suprised me....Egg on faces for the media, hopefully...To all those that kept the faith, I salute you....Afterall, WAWAW.
    As Sunday approaches my confidence is slipping a little. Our fans seem way too over confident for my liking . And the Hooper injury I am not liking, we haven't any striker who can replace him and link up play; hopefully Lee can to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by owlsmad93 View Post
    As Sunday approaches my confidence is slipping a little. Our fans seem way too over confident for my liking . And the Hooper injury I am not liking, we haven't any striker who can replace him and link up play; hopefully Lee can to some extent.
    We have the players and experience to cope against these teams Owlsmad. ;-) And Hooperman will be strategically unleashed when required. UTO.

Quote Originally Posted by owlsmad93 View Post
    It was as I expected, our fans were too over confident on this occasion. That said, next season will be exciting, and probably far more entertaining than struggling in the premier.

Quote Originally Posted by banno View Post
    Hate to be boring but it's gone pretty much like I thought it would.
    Even when we had bad patches I was confident we would come through them.
    Top 6 finish with good and bad patches was my prediction for the season.
    Can't call the play offs as it's a lottery but you can't really be disappointed with 2 top 6 finishes in 2 years
    Yeah it's gone EXACTLY how we thought it would too ! phookin bottlers.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)