+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Yeah, saw them in 2014 at Usher Hall. Ace venue too.

I read somewhere that this might be their last album so there might not be too many chances left to see them. Could be BS tho. The new single is decent.
    I was at that gig also.
    I'd hope this is nae their last, but the individuals do seem more and more involved with other projects between tours/albums now.

Sodom, Classic Grand 14/5

Just in the door. Bloody hell i enjoyed that. Gelsenkirchens finest exporters of the thrash Sodom playing their first ever Scottish gig. They took their time, 36 bloody years to be precise.

The Saw Is The Law, Witchhammer, Augsebomt, Remember the Fallen and the f@cking spectacular Agent Orange included with a very well done cover of Motorheads Iron Fist and eh....... Surfin' Bird. It was exactly as i thought it would be. A great band who skills have been honed to perfection over the years. Dinna leave it another 36 years

Have to say, i much prefer the German thrash to the Yanks. Sodom, Kreator and Destruction. Thats one hel of a trio of excellence(controversial)

Iron Maiden . Hydro. First time I've saw them, was good. However .., Im standing about halfway back from the stage to the right a bit., so theres wee bit of space round about us. What is it with these two drunk p.ricks that have to jump up and down and barge into folk in that area?Go to the front you c.unts.
    Bruce Dickinson is thanking the audience and makes special mention of the audience at the front of the stage (who are usually the hardcore,) and these two drunk c.unts 'cheer' as if they are part of that. NO you're not. You're standing halfway back from the stage to the right a bit. You're not up the front you annoying c.unts.

Good gig though.God knows how he sings like that.

Quote Originally Posted by scobiemacd View Post
    Iron Maiden . Hydro. First time I've saw them, was good. However .., Im standing about halfway back from the stage to the right a bit., so theres wee bit of space round about us. What is it with these two drunk p.ricks that have to jump up and down and barge into folk in that area?Go to the front you c.unts.
    Bruce Dickinson is thanking the audience and makes special mention of the audience at the front of the stage (who are usually the hardcore,) and these two drunk c.unts 'cheer' as if they are part of that. NO you're not. You're standing halfway back from the stage to the right a bit. You're not up the front you annoying c.unts.

Good gig though.God knows how he sings like that.
    Would have went to Aberdeen tonight as its on the doorstep but went offshore today. Nae a huge fan and thought they were pants at Donington last year but they do have some of the greats in their locker. Did they play Fear of the Dark. Now that's a f@cking tune

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Would have went to Aberdeen tonight as its on the doorstep but went offshore today. Nae a huge fan and thought they were pants at Donington last year but they do have some of the greats in their locker. Did they play Fear of the Dark. Now that's a f@cking tune
    They did Pac. Wouldn't say I'm a huge fan either but just fancied going along. Another thing which I found a bit sh1te was this paperless ticket scheme ( to deter touts). You have to turn up with photo ID,a print out of your confirmation email and the credit/bank car which you bought the ticket with.
    I always like collecting my tickets but all you have to show for it is a sh1tey wee white stub.For £67 odd quid you should expect a decent looking ticket when you get through the barrier.

white stub.For £67 odd quid you should expect a decent looking ticket when you get through the barrier.
    Totally. Ive been to over 300 gigs and lost one ticket. Still enrages me to mention it. Black Label Society at the Academy circa 2005

Powerslave also a great tune

Sodom, Classic Grand 14/5

Just in the door. Bloody hell i enjoyed that. Gelsenkirchens finest exporters of the thrash Sodom playing their first ever Scottish gig. They took their time, 36 bloody years to be precise.

The Saw Is The Law, Witchhammer, Augsebomt, Remember the Fallen and the f@cking spectacular Agent Orange included with a very well done cover of Motorheads Iron Fist and eh....... Surfin' Bird. It was exactly as i thought it would be. A great band who skills have been honed to perfection over the years. Dinna leave it another 36 years

Have to say, i much prefer the German thrash to the Yanks. Sodom, Kreator and Destruction. Thats one hel of a trio of excellence(controversial)

Aye Sodom are braw

hae ye heard Exumer lad they're as guid especially Rising Fae The Sea and Possessed By Fire ace Teutonic thrash from back in the day

as fir Irn Midden seen them loadsa times cannae be fcked shelling oot 70 bar just fire up Live After Death on the DVD cannae beat that

Totally. Ive been to over 300 gigs and lost one ticket. Still enrages me to mention it. Black Label Society at the Academy circa 2005
    I collect all my tickets too. It actually grates on me when I go to a gig and there's no ticket.

It's ace looking back at all the gigs.

Went to see Foy Vance last night at the lemon tree. It was decent, for fans of Americana folky type stuff and the blues. He's Irish himself like.

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast