Donington @Donington 8-10/6
    Ginger @The Barbican York 19/7
    The Wildhearts @The Plug Sheffield 3/8
    DRI @ Audio Glasgow 8/8
    John Cooper Clark @Lemon Tree Aberdeen 27/9
    Sons of Apollo @ Garage Glasgow 30/9
    The Exploited @The Forum Aberdeen 24/11

Testament @ QMU

Just in the door after a hairy as f@ck drive home. Adrenaline is pumping after the snaaaaaa. Couple of losses of control. Worst conditions i have driven in in a long time. Anyway........

What a line up

Vader
    Are f@cking outstanding. Cant say anything else. Best Polish export since Radoslaw Kuluzny in Champ Manager. Brilliant live. If they play their own gig in Glasgow i will be all over it

Annihilator
    Tighter than a dolphins butt. Very good. Jeff Waters is possibly the nicest/down to earth front man in metal music. I think i said that after i saw them a couple of years ago. "Alison Hell"" King of the Kill", "Phantasmagoria," "Welcome to Your Death" all ace

Testament
    Never seen them play their own gig(twice at Donington, once supporting Judas Priest.)They were good, chucked in "Low" for good measure. Usual candidates "Practice What You Preach", "Into the Pit", "Over The Wall", Electric Crown", "The New Order" along with a spattering of tunes off the latest album. One moan(well four). Im nae needing to see solos from both guitarists, bassist and drummer (even though its Gene Hoglan the best in the business). They could have chucked in more songs like "Disciples of the Watch" or "Eerie Inhabitants" for example

Good night though and worth the daredevil drive hame
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 03-04-2018 at 01:35 AM.

Shame at Stereo tonight. They were ****ing brilliant. One of the best gigs I've ever been to. They are playing the 02 in October. Highly recommended.

First time I've really enjoyed a gig at the Hydro last night. Arcade Fire were brilliant as always.

Jim the Tim Kerr joined them on stage to sign Don't You.

One of the best live bands around.

Might pop along and see The Smyths in Glasgow next month

I saw Nirvana UK doing a pretty close approximation of their heroes on Saturday at the Moorings. "Kurt" gets points off for being right handed and "Krist" for not being tall enough.
    Great fun though.

Festival at Kynoch Park on saturday. Thinking on stopping in by on way hame fay game. Complete stone roses, ricky witter fay shed seven, space frontman and the seahorses frontman and a host o local bands. Gin and beer tent ina.

Saw Mark Morris's (Bluetones) last week. Superb Acoustic concert in a very small venue. Great to hear stripped down versions of Bluetones classics like Slight Return, Marblehead Johnson, If etc), as well as some of his solo stuff, with Roll Away and Space Cadet being the pick of the bunch. Excellent banter with the audience throughout. He was supported by Mike Wilton of Standard Lamps who was alright, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Saw Mark Morris's (Bluetones) last week. Superb Acoustic concert in a very small venue. Great to hear stripped down versions of Bluetones classics like Slight Return, Marblehead Johnson, If etc), as well as some of his solo stuff, with Roll Away and Space Cadet being the pick of the bunch. Excellent banter with the audience throughout. He was supported by Mike Wilton of Standard Lamps who was alright, nothing more.
    Has anyone heard of and use Pledge Music? https://www.pledgemusic.com.

It's a sort of online market place where artists and fans can sell and buy stuff directly, e.g., advance copies of albums, back stage passes, signed lyric sheets, even guitars etc. Via Pledge Music, my mate paid for an artist to come to his house and play a concert. It was great, if somewhat bizarre, to see a famous artist play in your mate's conservatory and then afterwards have a beer and a chat with him.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Has anyone heard of and use Pledge Music? https://www.pledgemusic.com.

It's a sort of online market place where artists and fans can sell and buy stuff directly, e.g., advance copies of albums, back stage passes, signed lyric sheets, even guitars etc. Via Pledge Music, my mate paid for an artist to come to his house and play a concert. It was great, if somewhat bizarre, to see a famous artist play in your mate's conservatory and then afterwards have a beer and a chat with him.
    Ginger from the Wildhearts made it big with his album 555% a few years back. He aimed to get so much money to make an album and ended up with 555% of what he needed in a matter of weeks so he made a triple album instead

Then heaps of bands followed suit.

I have heaps of albums from it, Ginger, CJ Wildheart, The Wildhearts, Ricky Warwick, Steel Panther, Eureka Machines, Black Spiders, Black Star Riders among many others

It basically pays for the production cost of the album and cuts out middle men. I think its great. What you pay varies on what you want as there are add ons like signed, name in the book, tshirt, meet and greet at gigs etc

Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast