+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Looks like it’s been upgrade to a venue called The Great Eastern. Never heard of it before...
    I didn't realise that was a venue. It's all flats in that block I thought. It's across the road from the Tenants brewery which has a good venue/bar itself (Drygate). Must be part of the forever ongoing gentrification of Dennistoun.

Death Grips at Barrowlands on a Friday night is bound to be absolute lunacy.

Went to Trnsmt on Saturday was good and managed to avoid most of the neds. Saw Shed Seven, Gerry Cinnamon, Cour****ers and Liam Gallagher. Its not really my scene but i enjoyed myself, the weather was cracking and a few pints with friends made it. The whole place seemed to go mental for Gerry cinnamon but in all honesty he was shiite. The people i was with seemed to enjoy it, i left to get a round at the bar half way through. Cour****ers were ace and i even liked Liam Gallagher (i was never into Oasis) Shed Seven were good as well but i only know a couple songs.

Gerry Cinnamon is pish. A pub singer that's somehow got lucky. He's adored by the type of people that still like happy hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Gerry Cinnamon is pish. A pub singer that's somehow got lucky. He's adored by the type of people that still like happy hardcore.
    I’d never heard of him until the weekend there. Wish that was still the case.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Heard on the radio earlier that Glasvegas were doing a debut album 10th anniversary tour. Thought I'l have a slice of that. Turns out there's no Scottish dates. Shirley that can't be right?
    Playing the Lemon Tree in September as part of the True North Festival.

https://truenorthfestival.co.uk/

Mogwai at HMT will be mighty but that festival programme needs to be a bit more forward looking or at least try and broaden it's horizons amongst all the schmindie indie. Mull Historical Society, Magic Numbers & Glasvegas are all well past their sell by date.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMaquina View Post
    Mogwai at HMT will be mighty but that festival programme needs to be a bit more forward looking or at least try and broaden it's horizons amongst all the schmindie indie. Mull Historical Society, Magic Numbers & Glasvegas are all well past their sell by date.
    Oh yes, definitely in for Mogwai.

Paul McCartney playing Hydro in December, £140 a ticket. £90 for the “cheap” seats

Oh yeah and the Twilight Sad are back. Euro tour announced for November.

Twilight Sad replaced their drummer then?

Great band and the frontman is a dandy.

Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast