+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    I’ve seen a few bands at the picture house, again it was never a favourite of mine. The Usher Hall is my personal favourite in Edinburgh. They playhouse is good too. I don’t think it would have been too much of a stretch for them to sell out the usher hall last night.

Was the Stirling gig the acoustic tour a few years ago? Or was it the warm up tour before their last album dropped? That’s the last time they played Aberdeen I think. About 2014.

They are playing the barras next March. That’ll probably do it for me unless they come back to Aberdeen of course.

I think it was just part of the tour. They said they wanted to play closer to home.

I've tickets for the cure so it'll be interesting how they sound at that but they've been touring with them for a while now.

I saw Augustines in the Liquid Rooms a couple years back, thought it was a good venue.......decent acoustics.

I saw Gaslight Anthem at the Picture House few years ago now......arite venue, nae the best nae the worst.

I do like the Usher Hall, it has proper character but I've found the acoustics can be hit or miss.

And dinna get me started on the price o' the swally...................

Small venue - Good
    Big venue - Bad
    Outside - worst of all

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Small venue - Good
    Big venue - Bad
    Outside - worst of all
    Canna really argue with that.
    King Tut's.........best venue about IMHO.

The biggest venues I've been in have been The Capitol, The Apollo ( rolling stones 1976) and Theater Carre Amsterdam ( blockheads 1978)
    I certainly have no wish to see a band at anything bigger.

My only festival was this one http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/Edinb...-Festival.html

I see a fair bit of outside music in Budapest but that doesn't really count as I never really organise to go or have a ticket or anything.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 30-11-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    The biggest venues I've been in have been The Capitol, The Apollo ( rolling stones 1976) and Theater Carre Amsterdam ( blockheads 1978)
    I certainly have no wish to see a band at anything bigger.

My only festival was this one http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/Edinb...-Festival.html

I see a fair bit of outside music in Budapest but that doesn't really count as I never really organise to go or have a ticket or anything.
    Is The Apollo in Glasgow?

Despite the danger of being whoosed I'll reply

Yes, Weegieville

I've no idea if it's still there, I wouldn't think so as it was falling to bits in the mid seventies.

Renowned for being a good place for gigs (too big for me) the whole place used to move when things started to bounce.

Aye

Closed 1985

Bloody hell

Ah now, the Apollo was some place.
    Dive but great venue.

Was at Oz Floyd on Saturday night at the Hydro. Wow! F uckin outstanding! Would definitely recommend.

Seen a weej band at king tuts straight after it called December. Nae bad like.

Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast