+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I might give Mogwai a second chance. Went to see them years ago at the Connect Festival. The drummer came out wearing a St.Pauli top & wrapped a Celtic scarf round his kit. I went to watch someone else
    The St Pauli thing is de rigeur these days amongst right on musos.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    Was at Burt Bacharach as well. Nigh on perfect, over more than two hours. What a songbook. Wee gripe that he curtailed a lot of the classics in favour of newer stuff, but still one of the best shows I've ever seen.

A House is Not a Home would bring a tear to a glass eye.
    Was that at the band stand?

Aye min, at the band stand. Got ****age Fanclub on Tuesday and then for some reason I agreed to go to see Hue and Cry with the wifie. :/

Week on Wednesday would be the 7th? Could do The Judges post.

Canna go to a gig these days without a muso being right on. Saw the Skids last Sunday, Jobson was wearing a St Pauli Gegen Rechts T-shirt. Don't see the problem. Good on him. I'm not going to change my beliefs or compromise my musical tastes just because they happen to be shared by a shell suit mink from the Green Brigade.

No doubt 70 years ago Mason would have been swerving the Woody Guthrie set to see Stereolab because he had a St Pauli sticker on his fascist killing machine.
    Last edited by krakowdon; 27-07-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Very much looking forward to The National @ Kelvingrove band stand a week on Wednesday.

Hoping it doesnae rain, kind of wishing I'd lashed out on both nights now but at north of £50 a ticket that might've been extravagant.

KrakowDon if you're looking in I'm available for West End beers post gig, I'll drop you a text closer to the time.
    I've only been once when it rained and it wasn't too bad. Absolutely zero cover though. Fingers crossed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    Aye min, at the band stand. Got ****age Fanclub on Tuesday and then for some reason I agreed to go to see Hue and Cry with the wifie. :/

Week on Wednesday would be the 7th? Could do The Judges post.

Canna go to a gig these days without a muso being right on. Saw the Skids last Sunday, Jobson was wearing a St Pauli Gegen Rechts T-shirt. Don't see the problem. Good on him. I'm not going to change my beliefs or compromise my musical tastes just because they happen to be shared by a shell suit mink from the Green Brigade.

No doubt 70 years ago Mason would have been swerving the Woody Guthrie set to see Stereolab because he had a St Pauli sticker on his fascist killing machine.
    Had dinner with Jobson in a curry house in King Street pre the recent Lemon Tree gig.

Nice guy, interesting company and, yes, is another St Pauli fan.
    Lives in Berlin a chunk of the time so can justify supporting a German team.

Did you ask him if Mariella Frostrup is as dirty as she sounds?

No, surprisingly the topic never came up.

I drank most of his orange juice once after a gig at ruffles.
    I would have hung around if I'd known that he was going to start dishing out curry.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Had dinner with Jobson in a curry house in King Street pre the recent Lemon Tree gig.

Nice guy, interesting company and, yes, is another St Pauli fan.
    Lives in Berlin a chunk of the time so can justify supporting a German team.
    So, nothing to do with him being a tim?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I drank most of his orange juice once after a gig at ruffles.
    I would have hung around if I'd known that he was going to start dishing out curry.
    Aaah .... Ruffles .... Ah'm convinced tae this day that if they had done somethin aboot the sticky stuff in the carpets and on the undersides o' their tables, that fire might hae got put oot quicker.

Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast