+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    No offence Don but why would anybody pay money to listen to that muppet? You'd be better going to 10,000 Russos at The Tunnels in November for about a quarter of the price...
    Good shout min.

YouTube is our friend.

I'd place her as being a Hutcheon Street quine having read this. Nae sure why but I'd always thought her to be a Northfield teuchter ...

"Lennox was brought up in a two-room tenement in Aberdeen, opposite an old textile factory and "down the road from a stinking slaughterhouse". Her father was a boilermaker and her mother a cook.

An only child, Ann Lennox went to a "posh" school, Aberdeen High School for Girls, where they wore velour hats in winter, panamas for summer. "Every day you were supposed to shake the teacher's hand and curtsey before you left the class."

At 11, she was asked to write a poem about violence, a familiar sight on the streets of Aberdeen in the Sixties. "Something almost chemical happened to me," she remembers. "Like vomiting. I almost started to hyperventilate. Within five minutes I had written the poem." It was her first political statement."

Aye, Broadford works.

I wonder if she went to Skene Square before the posh girls high.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Aye, Broadford works.

I wonder if she went to Skene Square before the posh girls high.
    Aye and how did she end up in a posh school if her folks were just normal working folk.

One thing that's troubling me though. If I'm getting my bearings right would she nae of been UP the road from the slaughterhouse rather than doon it.

Saw Al Stewart on Friday night in Manchester. Excellent song writer and story teller. Fantastic 1 1/2 hour show. Nae bad for a 74 year old mannie

Annihilator, St Lukes, Glasgow, 13/10/19

New venue for me. I like it. Right next to the Barrowlands(Where there was a huge queue of older clientel getting ready for Midve Ure) A converted church round the corner i found myself in

I saw Annihilator a few years back and they were supported by a quality band called Archer. Same support tonight, but are now called Archer Nation. Decent. Like Megadeth but not like Megadeth if that makes sense. F@cking quality band anyway.

Annihilator are f@cking quality live. Tight as f@ck and they look like they have really good fun doing it. Jeff Waters is a great frontman. 53 he said he was, he doesnt look it at all. He seem like a really down to earth dude. Classics like "Phantasmogoria", "King of the Kill" "Welcome to your Death" in there. No "Alison Hell" as they ran out of time. Couple of new tunes from their upcoming album which were f@cking rocking.

Good venue, good bands, horrific weather

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

New venue for me. I like it. Right next to the Barrowlands(Where there was a huge queue of older clientel getting ready for Midve Ure) A converted church round the corner i found myself in

I saw Annihilator a few years back and they were supported by a quality band called Archer. Same support tonight, but are now called Archer Nation. Decent. Like Megadeth but not like Megadeth if that makes sense. F@cking quality band anyway.

Annihilator are f@cking quality live. Tight as f@ck and they look like they have really good fun doing it. Jeff Waters is a great frontman. 53 he said he was, he doesnt look it at all. He seem like a really down to earth dude. Classics like "Phantasmogoria", "King of the Kill" "Welcome to your Death" in there. No "Alison Hell" as they ran out of time. Couple of new tunes from their upcoming album which were f@cking rocking.

Have you ever watched the Roadrunner United making of? Reckon it would be right up your street. Anyway, there’s a bit in it where Waters is shredding, about 17 mins in.

https://youtu.be/AcRL_yBONJg

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

St Lukes is cracking, lovely venue.

Last night I found myself in King Tut's for Craig Finn and the Uptown Controllers.
    Really good gig.

Pac if I'd kent you were in Glesca I'd have suggested a post gig pint.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    St Lukes is cracking, lovely venue.

Last night I found myself in King Tut's for Craig Finn and the Uptown Controllers.
    Really good gig.

Pac if I'd kent you were in Glesca I'd have suggested a post gig pint.
    It was my turn to drive so was in Auchinleck during the day then back for the gig the straight back to Metropolis Meldrum after

Im hoping i get more gigs at St. Lukes. Decent venue, plenty parking and a doddle to get back on the road to Aberdeen

Only issue i was 2 quid for a juice

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Have you ever watched the Roadrunner United making of? Reckon it would be right up your street. Anyway, there’s a bit in it where Waters is shredding, about 17 mins in.

https://youtu.be/AcRL_yBONJg
    Cheers for that. Never watched it as I hate Robb Flynn with a passion

Aye the Jeff the canuck is a f@cking talented dude like. He can play at warp speed. Hes had some talented dudes in his band too. Mike Mangini for example

Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast