+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LaMaquina View Post
    Never heard it. What are you up to?
    Aiden calls me a fanny during the serenades + requests

Haha!

A good Glastonbury this year, who stood out for me has to be the Foo Fighters not just their set but the rapore the lead singer Dave Grohl had with the vast crowd had to be seen to behold.

Also on the Legends slot you have to admire 71 yr old Barry Gibb, what a great singer he still is and the hits he and his brothers have written proberly is greater than the rast of the acts put together.

Ohhh ! and it never rained

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    A good Glastonbury this year, who stood out for me has to be the Foo Fighters not just their set but the rapore the lead singer Dave Grohl had with the vast crowd had to be seen to behold.

Also on the Legends slot you have to admire 71 yr old Barry Gibb, what a great singer he still is and the hits he and his brothers have written proberly is greater than the rast of the acts put together.

Ohhh ! and it never rained
    And Napalm Death and Extreme Noise Terror played. You catch them?

Thought the National's set at Glasto was great......but better on the iplayer with the F bombs in.

Canna wait until September, new album and gig.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Thought the National's set at Glasto was great......but better on the iplayer with the F bombs in.

Canna wait until September, new album and gig.
    Caught a bit of their set on tv. Some of the new stuff is sounding decent.

Bon Iver have announced new dates at the playhouse after they cancelled in Feb. 27/28 sept.

Blue Oyster Cult tonight at the ABC

Noticed the Supersuckers are playing the Forum in toon in October and I'm home

Blue Oyster Cult, ABC, 29/6

Four and a half hours after leaving Meldrum I got to Glasgow it was gig time pretty much as soon as I got there, nae time for my tea (still squeezed in my traditional pint at the Griffin though). Walking in I thought id walked into a retirement home and nae a rock n roll gig. What did I expect from a band on its 50th anniversary tour? I had to laugh at the older woman walking up the stairs in front of me when on reaching the hall turned round and said "any more stairs and id be needing oxygen"

Anyway with a combined age of 141 BOC mainstays Buck Dharma and Eric Bloom backed up by their younger mates didn't disappoint. By that I mean they were f@cking awesome. I knew it would be good but nae that good. All the crackers were in the set, "Transmaniacon MC", "Golden Age of Leather" "Burning For You" "Dancing In The Ruins" "Harvest Moon" and probably the best run of songs to close out a set ive ever seen "Godzilla" "Don't Fear the Reaper" "Astronomy" then "Cities On Flame With Rock N Roll"

Worth the four and a half hour drive and quite easily gig of the year for me

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    And Napalm Death and Extreme Noise Terror played. You catch them?
    thought u wur taking the mick Pacmin but I see earache had a stage , braw pity aboot all the other dross.

Wormrot ace Asian grindcore too nae coverage on the EBC was there?

CJ Ramone ticket acquired, its an international break Sat so going to head on my travels through the day (Tayport v Linlithgow Rose is appealing) then head back for the gig

Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast