+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Is there a death metal band called Cemetery?

Yes there is a Cemetary but more gothy than death metal

Obituary is a weak name really. There is alot worse

When I visited Warsaw back at the turn of the century there was a band playing called Anal Stench. I'm not sure of their genre but we nearly attended just because of the ridiculous nature of their name. In the end, a Ukrainian attempted to blow himself up on that huge boulevard that slices through their downtown area, and we got locked in a bar by the security forces with the inevitable consequences...

That’s nothing, StandFreeFM played bass in Dr. Vulva & the Fallopian Tubes

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    That’s nothing, StandFreeFM played bass in Dr. Vulva & the Fallopian Tubes
    Greatest band nae (unt wanted to see

Excellent name

Slayer, Metro Arena Newcastle 10/11

The last chance to see Slayer ever as they are going out to pasture. 18th time lucky

Obituary
    Due to my geeky fitba habits my trip to Galabank robbed me of Obituary. I caught the end of the penultimate number and closer "Slowly we Rot" Nae amused. Turns out they were on at 18.25.

Anthrax
    I love Anthrax. Superb band and were band of the night in my eyes. "Caugh in a Mosh", "Got the Time", "Efilnikcufecin", "Be All, End All", "Fight until you Cant", "Antisocial" and a great "Indians". A band that have never let me down live. Glad they still exist and plan to stick around for a while yet

Lamb of God
    Nae a huge fan. Think its all samey. Watched from afar and took he chance to wet my whistle

Slayer
    A big part of my life died at about 11 on Saturday. I will never see Slayer again. The Wildhearts and Slayer are my top most seen bands in my life. Good set from them but it wad nothing on when i saw them at Donington two years ago which is in my top 3 gigs in my life ever. Very good, tight and proffesional on Saturday though. The did play hyper speed weapons "Payback" and "Dittohead" which are both rare in my Slayer viewing career. "Black Magic" also in there nice. Heaps of decent pyro throughout, during "Hell Awaits" especially. My nose hair was burnt oot. Well Slayer, so long and thanks for all the bleeding noses.i will f@cking miss you immensley.

I feel sorry for any of you who failed to attend The Blue Lamp last night.

Sandy Broon's downtown groove palace morphed into a Texan honky-tonk for one evening only as JP Harris and the Tough Choices ripped it up. They played at The Tunnels in 2014, and last night was just the ticket after a mixed weekend (schoolmate's funeral, 1-0 win for the Reds, Keith deserving of far more than a 2-2 draw with Wick, and more worrying health news from a friend).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggZ4NAZuQ-g

Reel Big Fish/ Less Than Jake, o2 Academy Glasgow 15/11

Childhood stuff this. Loved LTJ when I was at school and still have a lot of time now. They were great at Donington in the summer so I thought I would take this on

Zebrahead
    Pish

Less Than Jake
    Quality band and a decent show from opener "Gainesville Rock City" to closer, the mighty "All My Friends Are Metalheads". There is something about these guys you cant help but like. Feel good factor, check, good tunes, check, funny between tunes dialogue, check. They are definitely different form my usual type but im sure its down to me keeping hold of a 15 year old me as get older and older. "Look What Happened", "Last One Out Of Liberty City", "Johnny Quest Thinks We Are Sellouts", "History of A Boring Town" also in there with a few other oldies. Good gig.

Reel Big Fish
    Was probably at Stirling when they started

You f@cking beauty

Slayer all set for Donington.

Once more for the road

Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast