+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    You're right ball has already been donated for a chance to see the Dons beat Real Madrid in a European final.

We may well be hirpling a bit now but there was a lot to be said for being young in the 1970's

Content yourself with the knowledge that these weren't available then.

https://vinylize.com/
    Cheers DD - very thoughtfull of yi donating my right ball like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    I am in Madrid as i type.
    Cool city really but the overwhelming urge to GIRFUY is tough to beat
    Are those glasses available with a script? Certainly wouldn't have been required on 'that' day as it was pishing with rain and our eyes worked then.

Yes, any Rx you like.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Cheers DD - very thoughtfull of yi donating my right ball like that.

Do you always speak in that high pitched voice?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Do you always speak in that high pitched voice?
    I make Joe Pasquale sound like Barry White.

I make Joe Pasquale sound like Barry White.
    I'll bet thon gypit Finance Minister Mackay still sounds like Jimmy Clitheroe in comparison though. What a rotter.

Going from very quiet to really loud doesnt equal interesting to me.
    That's a pretty reductive criticism of a band with a 20+ year career, 9 studio albums, numerous EPs, film/TV scores, etc. If you don't like them that's fair enough, but suggesting people who do are engaging in collective delusion or dishonesty is a bit daft.

I thought they were sensational as usual the other night. Great to hear rare run outs for Like Herod & My Father, My King.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMaquina View Post
    That's a pretty reductive criticism of a band with a 20+ year career, 9 studio albums, numerous EPs, film/TV scores, etc. If you don't like them that's fair enough, but suggesting people who do are engaging in collective delusion or dishonesty is a bit daft.

I thought they were sensational as usual the other night. Great to hear rare run outs for Like Herod & My Father, My King.
    I wouldn't say I don't like them, I just don't understand the fuss. It wasn't a bad gig, just a bit boring, a bit samey throughout. I don't think the tempo changed throughout the set, and loud bit followed really quiet bit as expected all the way thru. The last tune was good tho.
    And ive categorically never seen so many bored folk at a gig.
    I was fully expecting and hoping to be blown away given the sensational praise they always seem to get.
    Maybe I expected too much.
    It was an anti-climax for me.

Not sure how much scope there is to demonstrate your exhilaration when you're sitting on your arse in an actual theatre listening to moody (mainly) instrumental music, but I'm looking forward to being bored rigid by them again when they support The Cure next summer!

Quote Originally Posted by LaMaquina View Post
    Not sure how much scope there is to demonstrate your exhilaration when you're sitting on your arse in an actual theatre listening to moody (mainly) instrumental music, but I'm looking forward to being bored rigid by them again when they support The Cure next summer!
    Might grab tickets for that gig. The Cure, Mogwai and The Twilight Sad are all great but I've seen Mogwai and TTS loads of times and seen the Cure twice in the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Might grab tickets for that gig. The Cure, Mogwai and The Twilight Sad are all great but I've seen Mogwai and TTS loads of times and seen the Cure twice in the last 5 years.
    Im going to get tickets for it tomorrow. I met my missus at a Joy Formidable gig.

Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast