+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    Foals on Tuesday at SWG3. Liked them since they broke about 11 year ago but that was the first I’d seen them. Pretty good. Varied set. In a Walter Sobchak style, 4 records out of 5.
    Was it the outdoor bit? I like foals a lot, I've been to see them a few times but not for a while now.

Kris Kristofferson last week at the Usher Hall with Mrs w_r_d.

Was in two minds about whether or not to go, but glad I did in the end as he was on my list and I'm not sure he's going to be around for many more tours.

"Sunday Morning Coming Down" is a good tune, captures the essence of hangover perfectly.

Hey Colossus coming up in Sleazys basement in July, seen them twice before and a brilliant live act

Quote Originally Posted by wester_ross_don View Post
    Kris Kristofferson last week at the Usher Hall with Mrs w_r_d.

Was in two minds about whether or not to go, but glad I did in the end as he was on my list and I'm not sure he's going to be around for many more tours.

"Sunday Morning Coming Down" is a good tune, captures the essence of hangover perfectly.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Years ago, when we first got a cassette player in the car, us kids bought Dad a KK tape. That tape was played to death and we all knew the words off by heart. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. As you said, he may not be around for too many more tours.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Was it the outdoor bit? I like foals a lot, I've been to see them a few times but not for a while now.
    Aye it was the outdoor bit. Difficult to say how many people were there but it was pretty full. Seems a decent facility. Back there in November for Fontaines DC at the indoor bit.

The Wildhearts at the Kelvingrove Bandstand tonight. F@ck yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The Wildhearts at the Kelvingrove Bandstand tonight. F@ck yeah
    There tomorrow for Skids/Big Country/Rezillos.

Don't drink all the beer.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    There tomorrow for Skids/Big Country/Rezillos.

Don't drink all the beer.
    Looks like a fine night for it.........that'll be a blinding cairry on.

To my mind the bill is upside down, but aye it should be good. Then Stranglers there on Saturday.

The Wildhearts, Kelvingrove Bandstand, 27/6

What a venue. Imtimate and a cracking sound.Hopefully i end up back there again. It was f@cking scorching. A pint in the Snaffle Bit was heavenly as a beer garden at 5pm would have been a sweat box

Baby Chaos
    Decent band, seem to always be kicking about when Ginger is. Good riffs

Terrorvision
    They are what they are. Bit of a nostalgia band now but that doesnt mean they are not good. They just dont have new tunes. "Alice Whats The Matter", "Oblivion", "Middleman", "Pretend Best Friend", "Celebrity Hit List", "Josephine" "My House" and "Perseverance" in there. Good to watch with a beer in the sun

The Wildhearts
    The Renaissance Men as their new album title calls them. They were ace, tight and no speaking barring Ginger saying, "we are limited to time, we are just going to blast through this". Ginger has good crack but with a 55 min set ill take the tunes over spiking. The new album is ace. I befriended two dudes from Tain in the Snaffle Bit and they asked if the new album was any use. I said honestly tjat three songs on it are as good as any Wildhearts tunes ever "Dislocated", "Let em go" and "Diagnosis". They played three tunes off the new een and it was those three. The staples "Everlong", "Caffeine Bomb", "Sick of Drugs", "Suckerpunch" "Vanilla Radio" and "I Wanna Go Where The People Go" made up the rest. Short set but ace to see in such a quality venue.

Good to see Danny managing to stand for the whole gig after his junkie badge of honour lower leg loup off. Hes sat the last two gigs ive seen

GUN were playing but i f@cked them off to get home as i have a fair bit of driving this weekend for random fitba. Home in Meldrum by midnight

Good night
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 27-06-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast