+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Steve Albini's Shellac are playing The Lemon Tree in October

You rockers should check them out if you haven't heard them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Steve Albini's Shellac are playing The Lemon Tree in October

You rockers should check them out if you haven't heard them.
    Got excited there for a minute then realise I get back onshore the day after.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Got excited there for a minute then realise I get back onshore the day after.
    They are playing Glasgow the day after, if that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    They are playing Glasgow the day after, if that helps...
    Nae really as I get onshore on wed and by the time I fly home it will be the day after. A bit of a rush. Ach well

Seen Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls and Blink 182 on Wednesday, very enjoyable will always like Blink as they are the band that got me into rock music all those years ago, i think they sound far better with Matt Skiba in the band, new songs and old songs all brilliant. Frank Turner was also ace, they have some belting tunes even if Frank himself is a bit of a posh ****, would definately go seem them on their own headline show

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Seen Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls and Blink 182 on Wednesday, very enjoyable will always like Blink as they are the band that got me into rock music all those years ago, i think they sound far better with Matt Skiba in the band, new songs and old songs all brilliant. Frank Turner was also ace, they have some belting tunes even if Frank himself is a bit of a posh ****, would definately go seem them on their own headline show
    I agree RE blink. I know some people aren't convinced but I thought it was a decent gig. I enjoyed it better than their previous gig at the aecc.

Have to say Blink 182 are nae for me

Loved the Blink gig the other night. Was slightly concerned I'd look like a 34 year old man acting like a 14 year old lassie - fortunately most other 30 somethings were doing the same. Was always going to be disappointed that some of my favourite tunes weren't played as they've got such a big back catalogue - Reckless Abandon and Dysentery Gary being very pleasant inclusions. A much, much, much better band with Skiba onboard, but the stupid childishness was missing between songs - although I'm not sure I would have enjoyed that had it been there... Cracking pit that was going pretty much through every song - nicely bruised the next morning. Was a bit of a chav for me to get there on time but really glad I made the effort - epitome of guilty pleasure.

First time seeing Frank Turner live despite first buying Love, Ire and Song in about 2008. Have seen plenty live videos of them over the years so knew exactly what to expect and they delivered exactly. Very tight band, seasoned performers, great tunes, worked hard to get the crowd going and a bit of preaching from the man himself - played the part of support act perfectly. Would definitely go and see their own gig.

Can comedy go in here? Yes it can.

Got tickets for Stewart Lee at The Tivoli in March.

A couple of local gigs both on sale tomorrow:
    Wolf Alice
    Frank Iero (from my chemical romance)
    Both at the garage.

Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast